Receiving secondaries without MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hbslax4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If taking a July MCAT is it possible to submit primary in June are receive secondaries before your MCAT score is send to the schools? Anyone have experience with this? If so, which schools will do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Not likely to get secondaries until schools know your MCAT.

Your app will be on hold until all materials are received.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is what I thought but I had heard a few people say some schools will send without MCAT. Figured I'd see if anyone had any experience with that. Thanks for the responses.

If taking a July MCAT is it possible to submit primary in June are receive secondaries before your MCAT score is send to the schools? Anyone have experience with this? If so, which schools will do this?
I got a couple, but I only applied to DO schools. I know LMU is one of them. So depending on what your plan is, but I wouldn't count on it much from MD schools.

I got a couple, but I only applied to DO schools. I know LMU is one of them. So depending on what your plan is, but I wouldn't count on it much from MD schools.

Good to know. Will be just applying to DO.

For what it's worth, a member on here was INTERVIEWED at lecom without having an MCAT score. She was ultimately denied, however. I obviously don't advise anyone to apply without an MCAT score because you could be washing hundreds of dollars down the drain, but still.

For what it's worth, a member on here was INTERVIEWED at lecom without having an MCAT score. She was ultimately denied, however. I obviously don't advise anyone to apply without an MCAT score because you could be washing hundreds of dollars down the drain, but still.

It was great experience for me though, and I made some friends who I would not have met otherwise. I also needed some hope in my life after being in the hospital for three months. Getting an interview for medical school helped me to keep motivated to pursue my goals of becoming a doctor to help other women, eat completely independently again, and build up my stamina to be able to do simple things again like walk to the mail box.

I think that being nine months pregnant with a PEG tube visible (hard to hide) through my clothing at the interview maybe factored into the decision, but who knows? For regular people applying, they probably have a better chance of being accepted. :)