Recent Board Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danny

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a topic I would like to throw out to the students who recently took the COMLEX and/or USMLE step 1. I was just curious about your feelings about the exams. I've heard rumors abound like "It(COMLEX) was too clinically based...COMLEX had too many questions where more than one answer REALLY looked right...etc." People have said that the USMLE was a totally different test for diferent students depending upon when/where you took it. Basically I'd just like to hear some opinions.
Thanks in advance, Danny

Members don't see this ad.

The usmle does have different versions- mine was more GI and Renal, while some of my classmates had more neuro.

I think the questions for COMLEX and USMLE were similar except that COMLEX was poorly written. For a lot of COMLEX qustions I was thinking "What the **** kind of stupid question is this? What are they really asking?" The USMLE questions were readily understandable, and you either knew it or you didn't. As I mentioned somewhere else before, I thought the Kaplan practice questions were closest to the real thing.