Recent Graduate Post-Bacc Help!

Started by xingful
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xingful

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be graduating this upcoming june with a cumulative GPA of 3.1.
I am a cognitive science (psychology) and sociology double major. My school of social science gpa is 3.574. I started out as a undergraduate biology major, but I terribly failed my courses in freshman year. I took biology and started the first of ochem series, but did not finish it. I then changed to a psychology major in my sophomore year and then became a sociology double major along with that. My first two years as a bio major was not that great and therefore that hurt my GPA. I have been doing great ever since then. I want to enroll in a post-bacc program. Will I be a candidate for the career changer since I am technically not in the science field. Will post bacc programs allow me to retake my biology from my freshman year? Also what advice do you have for getting into a good post-bacc program? I know my GPA is not high enough and I am thinking about taking come classes during summer to improve my gpa. I probably need to take my calculus class again. Do you ahve any suggestion or comments for me. Anything would be great. Even some recommendations of good post-bacc in the west coast since that is where I reside. Thank you!