recent interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njdevil

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had recent interview from PCOM, NYCOM, CCOM, KC, Des Moines, UMDNJ-SOM?

How about coming off the wait to interview list?

How about waitlist (I read that Nova has begun)?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard from PCOM, UOMHS, and UHS yet.

I'm not sure if this is recent, but I interviewed at UOMHS-COMS mid-March and was accepted the next week. At the time, there were still spots left. Admissions said that they normally make it as far as 20-48 on the wait-list, so if you are on the wait-list no higher than that range one may be in good shape. Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by VM (edited 04-06-99).]

Members don't see this ad :)
As for KC, I was placed on the alternate list about 3 weeks ago. At that time, they said they had two more interview days to go through, one more in March and the last one in early April. Then, after all the deadlines had passed for deposits, which would be about the end of April, they would rank-out their alternate list. Once this ranking was completed, they will start admitting off the list. If I recall, I believe they historically only go about 25~40 positions into the list...

I called Des Moines twice in the last month, both times the answer was the same. "If you have not received a letter from the school, then your file has not been reviewed." I asked if I could have some stats on how full the class was and the lady told me she didn't have that information; but that I needed to relax as they will be interviewing until May 12.

That's all I have to offer to your query.
smile.gif

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999

[This message has been edited by OldManDave (edited 04-07-99).]

I got an request to interview at PCOM in the mail today. The interview is in 18 days, not much notice. I have yet to decide if I will visit or not.

I got an interview request from New York on Monday. The date for interview was set for April 19. I was also told this was the last interview appointments. Des Moines, where I was accepted already, was approxiamately half full in Feb. when I interviewed. Still I have yet to hear from Phili or Kansas City. Be encouraged if you are not in yet. I know personally of slots that come open as late as 1 week before to several days after the year has started. These are secondary to individuals who decide to do MD and are accepted at the last minute. A lot of MD schools continue to accept people until late summer.

GOD BLESS

Just found out UHS is within days of closing their application process. UOMHS is still interviewing. PCOM doesn't know my status once my file is sent to the committee.

As for PCOM, I interviewed with them this week and they still have around 50 spots open without moving to the wait list. The admissions director said PCOM does a very slow job interviewing, 6 people 2 times a week and they interview about 500 out of 5000. I would go if you got an invitation. 18 days is plenty of time and it is a very good school with excellent facilities. As for NY, I believe their class is full but they are still interviewing for spots on the wait list.

DOGBOY,

I thought that you were going to Nova? Why the interview at PCOM? I guess that you wanted to see what other options were available. I almost went to an interview at UHS after I got accepted at COMP (I thought that it might be a good vacation, but it was too expensive). But I have decided to go to Nova.

By the way, DOGBOY, I still need that information regarding the deposit and the physical exam forms. I would be so embarrassed to have to call Nova and ask them for it and since we got accepted about the same time I think that the deadline for the deposit would be the same.

I guess I shouldn't have taken that stuff home for Easter. All my aunts, uncles, and cousins wanted to see the letter. The all thought that letter from the ASSISTANT DEAN was nice as well. Well, as a result the letters were lost. Thanks for your help,

Premed1