recent test takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bluefiya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone who has taken ck in the last two weeks or so..
I've been hearing from a lot of people that the exam has changed and its nothing like UW(content wise).
I've spent most of my time now preparing by studying from UW. And this is really concerning me.
Can anyone who took it recently, comment on the content of the exam vs. standard prep materials. UW/mtb mostly??

Please help!! Panic mode.

Members don't see this ad.

I did. UW is enough, if you do UW the right way. 45-60 min per block, timed random. Then another 1-2 hours reviewing the entire block, reading to learn the material. The gold is in the explanations for the wrong questions. Each question can cover 4-5 topics IF you read the explanations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool. just needed some reassurance. I'm not the strongest student. But I spread myself too thin for step 1 and it hurt me. So I decided to stick to Uworld this time; ofcourse lately everyones been scaring me about how its not enough, the test is completely different. And that it's so difficult. blabla and it completely shot my confidence.

Cool. just needed some reassurance. I'm not the strongest student. But I spread myself too thin for step 1 and it hurt me. So I decided to stick to Uworld this time; ofcourse lately everyones been scaring me about how its not enough, the test is completely different. And that it's so difficult. blabla and it completely shot my confidence.

"Everyone"? ... You may be talking to gunners (purposely stressing you out) or people with natural anxiety-provoking personalities.

Most posts on SDN agree with Pond Ansinorum. BTW, I took mine 13 days ago

Lol. well 'Everyone' is basically anyone I know who took it recently and any forums i've read recently (probably should stop doing that; cant help it). Usually after a test, most people are biased and freaked out anyway. but it seems to me that the general consensus is that theres some kind of massive change in the bank of questions. And that UW has not been updated accordingly (personally, I see them updating stuff everyday lol; I've gone back to review and theres some new flowchart or table) I don't know honestly. I just don't want any major surprises or to feel like I wish I had read Mtb more or FA or something. Again, not a strong student; subpar shelf scores and just very average. Maybe thats another reason I'm freaking out?

Lol. well 'Everyone' is basically anyone I know who took it recently and any forums i've read recently (probably should stop doing that; cant help it). Usually after a test, most people are biased and freaked out anyway. but it seems to me that the general consensus is that theres some kind of massive change in the bank of questions. And that UW has not been updated accordingly (personally, I see them updating stuff everyday lol; I've gone back to review and theres some new flowchart or table) I don't know honestly. I just don't want any major surprises or to feel like I wish I had read Mtb more or FA or something. Again, not a strong student; subpar shelf scores and just very average. Maybe thats another reason I'm freaking out?

There will be a few major surprises. Wrap your mind around that now. Won't be the end of the world, or your good score. Just how it is.