-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Recent traffic ticket- notify the schools?
Started by Visionarydental
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No. You're fine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
F
Frank22
lol if only more of the world's population were as conscientious as you.
Last edited:
Lol, not to sound like a dick (I mean, this question is funny/innocent) but come on...isn't this a common sense thing?
Of course this will hurt your application A LOT. If you report to them and explain the whole thing, maybe you still have a slim chance.
Seriously, I suggest that you should probably reconsider dentistry as your career goal now.
Seriously, I suggest that you should probably reconsider dentistry as your career goal now.
Of course this will hurt your application A LOT. If you report to them and explain the whole thing, maybe you still have a slim chance.
Seriously, I suggest that you should probably reconsider dentistry as your career goal now.
Agreed, you should consult with the guy who posted about having a DUI and see if he can recommend a lawyer.
Hi all,
Recently, I received a very minor traffic ticket, and I am in the current application cycle. Should I notify the schools for this traffic ticket? This is also my very first ticket, so I am a bit unsure of what I should do.
This is fatal. If you get convicted this is the end of any respectable career path for you. At this point you may want to explore options in foreign countries. Okay for real though, relax, it's completely fine-this is nothing worth reporting or worrying about. Now, a parking ticket on the other hand....(I jest again)
Two words....Lawyer Up
Hi all,
Recently, I received a very minor traffic ticket, and I am in the current application cycle. Should I notify the schools for this traffic ticket? This is also my very first ticket, so I am a bit unsure of what I should do.
You want to be a dentist, and you can't figure this one out yourself?
F
Frank22
Come on guys; sometimes the stress of the application cycle and the anxiety associated with it can make us lose our common sense. I'm not even applying until June of next year and I'm already anxious. Four years of science courses, the DAT, getting letters of recommendation and shadowing, extracurricular activities, as well as the maladies of every day life can do it to anyone.
Come on guys; sometimes the stress of the application cycle and the anxiety associated with it can make us lose our common sense. I'm not even applying until June of next year and I'm already anxious. Four years of science courses, the DAT, getting letters of recommendation and shadowing, extracurricular activities, as well as the maladies of every day life can do it to anyone.
Stress and anxiety make you lose common sense? Trust me, you don't want to use that as the answer to your weaknesses question.
F
Frank22
Stress and anxiety make you lose common sense?
Of course; people with high levels of stress have been shown to score 30 points lower on IQ tests than they would in a placid psychological state.
eh, that's debatable lol. IQ test != common senseCome on guys; sometimes the stress of the application cycle and the anxiety associated with it can make us lose our common sense. I'm not even applying until June of next year and I'm already anxious. Four years of science courses, the DAT, getting letters of recommendation and shadowing, extracurricular activities, as well as the maladies of every day life can do it to anyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AADSAS: "Are you currently under charge or have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, other than minor traffic violations?"
Unless you're applying to the military HPSP where you're required to give a record of EVERYTHING in your life, you don't really have to worry about it at all. Even then, it won't affect your chances.
I don't know if this is about common sense, it just sounds more like making sure all bases are covered. Now, if you've already applied then you probably would have noticed the quote above... This thread was pretty entertaining to read though 🙂
Unless you're applying to the military HPSP where you're required to give a record of EVERYTHING in your life, you don't really have to worry about it at all. Even then, it won't affect your chances.
I don't know if this is about common sense, it just sounds more like making sure all bases are covered. Now, if you've already applied then you probably would have noticed the quote above... This thread was pretty entertaining to read though 🙂
lol
Thank you for all who have responded! I just wanted to make sure that I'm doing everything right, as this was my first ticket. Also, for this ticket, I'd like to go to traffic court hoping to see if the ticket can be dropped or at least be reduced since it is very minor.
Btw it also depends the traffic law of your state and the state you received the ticket. For certain state such as New York, if you got a ticket outside of state it wouldn't even show up on your record. But still you need to pay for the fine.
If it is your first ticket don't bother fighting it in court unless it is like a $500 ticket or something
If I don't go to court, I'd have to plead guilty and send the ticket in via mail. I believe the ticket is less than $100 though.
.
Last edited:
What about an open container summons?
S
SXCoronado
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 311
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 887