thepotato123
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I’d like to seek your advice to navigate my pre-req situation.
I still need to complete General Chemistry I and Physics II to fulfill my dental school prerequisites. I currently live in Massachusetts and work full-time as a dental assistant, so taking in-person courses at schools such as BU or MCPHS would be difficult. Tufts also does not allow non-degree students to enroll in individual courses, so that is not an option for me. However, a lot of programs that I looked at require pre-req’s to be completed in-person.
I’ve been looking into the University of New England (UNE) online courses. From what I researched, UNE will NOT indicate on the transcripts that the courses were completed online. However, if they look at my application profile, they will absolutely know that I’m not and have never lived in Maine.
For those who have used UNE Online to complete prerequisites, have any admissions committees questioned you about it during the application process or interviews? If so, how did those conversations go?
Thank you in advance for your input. Every single one of them would be truly valuable to me!
I’d like to seek your advice to navigate my pre-req situation.
I still need to complete General Chemistry I and Physics II to fulfill my dental school prerequisites. I currently live in Massachusetts and work full-time as a dental assistant, so taking in-person courses at schools such as BU or MCPHS would be difficult. Tufts also does not allow non-degree students to enroll in individual courses, so that is not an option for me. However, a lot of programs that I looked at require pre-req’s to be completed in-person.
I’ve been looking into the University of New England (UNE) online courses. From what I researched, UNE will NOT indicate on the transcripts that the courses were completed online. However, if they look at my application profile, they will absolutely know that I’m not and have never lived in Maine.
For those who have used UNE Online to complete prerequisites, have any admissions committees questioned you about it during the application process or interviews? If so, how did those conversations go?
Thank you in advance for your input. Every single one of them would be truly valuable to me!