recently took my USMLE Step 3 exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovepath

Y
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took my USMLE Step 3 exam
I had a question about my testing experience. On the end of the first block when I hit end, the screen very briefly showed an error message-- I really can't quite remember I think it was an internet explorer not working, but then it very promptly after 1 or 2 seconds went to the standard screen that showed the schedule of the test for the remainder of the blocks. I asked the prometric associate about it, and she said it should be ok as long as it went back to the standard screen it returns to after each block. If you can offer reassurance that this is a common experience, or if you can confirm that the step 3 test did record my answers for that first block that would reassure me greatly.

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the reassurance, esp when it comes to waiting for scores, the paranoia can really flare up over small administrative things...if it were not for this exam i wouldn't make a big deal about it. i was contemplating reporting it, but i don't want to risk them looking at it as an irregularity...i'm sure if the test processors determine there is a continuous 48 question block 'lost' they would think something is up. if i pass i really don't care