Make sure that the "receptionist" job is in fact a receptionist job and not a receptionist/aide job. A lot of clinics will use receptionists to also do some aide duties. If you never leave the front office, then you may not be able to count the hours as observation hours. However, if you are ever in the gym or setting patients up on modalities, that job can totally count toward your hours. I counted mine and it was a receptionist/aide job. I answered phones, did scheduling/insurance related tasks, and also set patients up on ice/heat/stim. I think that the reception part of that job really did help though because I learned more about what goes on behind the scenes in the PT clinic and not just in the treatment room. You need to have some understanding of the inner workings as well as a PT so I totally considered that to be "observation," and so did the schools I applied to from what I can tell.