Reciprocity Board Interview

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by ValeRx, Dec 26, 2018.

1. ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD
    Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    So I am getting licensed in Oklahoma by reciprocity and am scheduled for a BoP interview after passing my MPJE exam. Has anyone had to do this before in any state? What kind of stuff do they ask? All other states I've been licensed in never required an interview.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Modest_anteater likes this.
  2. sozetone

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Thats Dumb! they usually only do that if you have criminal issues, something negative in your past they spotted. ya know? a DUI from a while ago......whatever. i did colorado and texas without any problems. ??? no BOP interview....just wing it man. They are just hassling you. hire a lawyer maybe? they may just let you be...lol i expect they want you to go to their state on YOUR own time to get this all done, correct?

Modest_anteater likes this.
  3. lord999

Pharmacist Faculty Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist, Academic Administration
    Among the questions they will likely ask you:

Have you practiced in this state? (Illegally of course).

Are you in trouble legally anywhere that has a licensing impact?

It's kind of a form set of questions just to make sure you're who you are and determining if you're obviously unfit to practice by inappropriate communication or lack of English ability. Arkansas has the same policy and I interviewed there.

Don't worry about it besides having your application before you in case they ask about education or references. This isn't a clinical skills exam.

Modest_anteater and catalyzt like this.
  4. gwarm01

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I was just about to post about Arkansas. I've known several pharmacists who had to interview with the board before reciprocating their license in the state. It's not a big deal. It's probably just a luxury the board is afforded since they are located in such a small state.

5. zelman

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I think Louisiana interviews to check your English communication skills.

6. CetiAlphaFive

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    They're probably wondering why anyone would move to Oklahoma.

Lmao

7. Sine Cura

Sine Cura 10 seconds or less
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Based on your sig you need to get a Missouri license and a Pennsylvania license for all the states in which you are licensed to be contiguous

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. OP
    OP
    ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    Lol, well I'm just trying to make a big X across the US. They may seem random but I'm getting all licenses required by state law to mail to them. Not all states require licensure to be a non-resident pharmacy shipping to their state.

9. OP
    OP
    ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    Good point.. but I'll never actually live/practice IN Oklahoma.

10. OP
    OP
    ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    If only Express Scripts call center people had the same requirement..

projektreverb and catalyzt like this.
  11. ChalupaBatman86

5+ Year Member

Oklahoma interviews every single pharmacist who gets licensed there. It is no big deal. Alabama, Arkansas, and Louisiana do it too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

catalyzt likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    Wasn't really worried about it, more annoyed because I have to take a PTO day and spend $500+ dollars just to say hello. WV says you'll have to meet with the board too in their application but they told me I didn't actually have to. I'll have to get licensed in LA and AR as well.

13. ChalupaBatman86

5+ Year Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

CetiAlphaFive likes this.
  14. Digsbe

Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'm actually going through a similar process getting licensed in like 20+ states that require the PIC to have a license in that state to get an out of state pharmacy permit. A handful of states require on site interviews for all applicants

Litha likes this.
  15. Litha

Pharmacist 2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    That's crazy! But interesting. Does your employer pay for all the fees? What area of pharmacy do you work in, mail order?

16. OP
    OP
    ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    Mine pays for all fees and associated costs, practice exams, study books, etc.

Litha likes this.
  17. sozetone

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    unless there is a serious reason for concern you should not have to fly to another state and MEET with the board. We have already submitted NCIC fingerprints, right? A full resume and background, all jobs held, residency...etc....on and on. What could they possibly want to talk to me about? i dunno just seems dumb.

18. TonyRx

TonyRx Hamburglar
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I’m currently licensed in 6 states (5 more in the works), and I did OK last year. Super simple, it’s their tradition and practice to interview everyone. I sat with about 8 other RPh’s, and the Board Chair just showed us a 20 min PowerPoint slide of Compounding mistakes and issues. They take Compounding very seriously there, it’s like their pet peeve. She just went around and asked us to state our home state, where we graduated from and work at, and if our company compounds or dispenses C2’s. She may ask a few follow-up questions based on your answers but otherwise it was fairly down to earth, and she just wanted to get to know us and talk about OK Pharmacy traditions.

lord999 likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    Yep, that was pretty much it. Flew to Oklahoma for a 45 minute meeting! Loved it.

20. jlmckay

Pharmacist
    I got licensed in LA in December of last year and even though they said you had to "meet with the board" they didn't require it, 4 days after my MPJE scores were posted my license number was posted online!

21. OP
    OP
    ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    How was the LA MPJE? I've got that coming up next Wednesday.

22. jlmckay

Pharmacist
    It wasn't bad I typically go through the pharmacyexam.com's question set and understand everything from those then read the statutes and that has been good for me! Louisiana's was more straightforward than most in my opinion, you'll do fine!