1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Recommendation from a student teacher? Is this OK?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Joleybear, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Joleybear

Classifieds Approved

Pre-Pharmacy
    She was running my Biology Lab on her own and she did an amazing job. To the point I had no idea she was a student teacher. I am asking her for a recommendation, along with getting one from my Organic Chemistry I and II professor and my Basic Chemistry Professor from last Spring. The fourth PharmCAS request I am leaving open for now in hopes of starting as a Technician and getting one from a Pharmacist. Does this sound OK? I am trying to show that I am well-rounded and have made positive impressions in different subject areas. I understand she is not a professor yet, but she acts as one and she was very professional and I learned a lot from her. I also figured it is still a professional reference since we were not contacts on a personal level and she wasn't a classmate. Thoughts? Also, she was working at UIC (University of Illinois at Chicago). I didn't think anything of her being a student still but she was asking if I am sure the schools will accept her as a reference. I would ask the actual Lecture teacher but he had 150 students and rarely saw any of us one-on-one.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MedicineN'Jazz

MedicineN'Jazz calling all jazzites
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    List her as a TA if anything. I doubt her recommendation will hold much weight, but it shouldn’t negatively work against you!

Joleybear likes this.
  4. Joleybear

Classifieds Approved

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks!! I mean can I list it at all on PharmCAS? It didnt really say what to put her as, it just wanted name and email. lol but in any case I figured with 2 regular professors it doesnt hurt that at least she can say I did well in Biology as well and she saw Im driven etc, right? Better than 3 all in chemistry. I thought 2 was enough lol.

5. MedicineN'Jazz

MedicineN'Jazz calling all jazzites
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :( Sorry I don’t have a specific answer for this. Hopefully, someone can chime in with a reply

Joleybear likes this.
  6. Saisri_PharmStdnt

Saisri_PharmStdnt Class of 2023

Pharmacy Student
    Does your school specify who they prefer the LORs come from? I've seen some schools list it on their website with the admissions info and requirements.

Joleybear and GodIsBeautiful like this.
  7. Amicable Angora

Amicable Angora Lagomorpha
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    She was the instructor for your biology lab. In that capacity, she was your laboratory professor. It is not required to have a PhD to be a professor. There is no problem with you listing her as the reference.

Joleybear likes this.
  8. Joleybear

Classifieds Approved

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yep. I think the main page I saw said Chemistry professor was preferred as one of the two but this was a full this I found:

• Employer
    • Faculty Adviser
    • Health Care Professional
    • Pharmacist
    • Pre-Health Adviser
    • Professor (Math)
    • Professor (Science)
    • Supervisor