Recommendation Issue

Started by shaq786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaq786

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question:

I am applying to 6 graduate schools for my Ph D in organic chemistry. Yea I know thats alot of schools. And each of the schools requires 3 letters of recommendation. So will my professors get pissed that I am asking them to send in 6 letters of recommendation to 6 different schools for me? Will they find that "a lot of trouble" for them?
 
shaq786 said:
Quick question:

I am applying to 6 graduate schools for my Ph D in organic chemistry. Yea I know thats alot of schools. And each of the schools requires 3 letters of recommendation. So will my professors get pissed that I am asking them to send in 6 letters of recommendation to 6 different schools for me? Will they find that "a lot of trouble" for them?
I can't say exactly how they'll feel, but I imagine they'd be happy to help out a student interested in their field or science in general. Just make it as easy as possible for them: addressed/stamped envelopes; give a copy of your resume/CV; wouldn't hurt to type up a quick little summary of your interests and career goals.