Recommendation letter sample

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rOOt_cAnAl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share their letter of rec's with me. I need to send my dentist a copy of an example of a letter of rec to give her an idea, but I can't find one copy of a dentist's letter on google. (Maybe I'm jus not a google savvy person). But please hel me out if you can!!
I really need it..and I dont have enough time!!
Please help me ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance:D

Have a great day y'all!!

Members don't see this ad.

Would help if I could, but I did not see any of my letters of recommendation. I thought most letters were not disclosed to the applicant (at least until after the cycle)? Good luck finding an example...

no more LOR requests

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Caligirl, thanks for the wishes!!

Newmexdent, thanks for the letter:D You're totally amazin!!

hi , i 2 need guidance regarding letter of recommendation coz i have to apply for PhD.Can anyone pls help me.my mail id id [email protected]

Sory I Guess This Ws A Predental Forum

http://businessmajors.about.com/od/..._Letters_Sample_Letters_of_Recommendation.htm

To Whom it May Concern,

I am privileged to write in support of my dear friend and student, Dan Peel. Dan studied in my classroom and laboratory program for close to three years, during which time I witnessed his tremendous growth and development. This development came not only in the area of scientific achievement and discovery, but in maturity and character as well.

Dan entered Whitman at the young age of 16,a precocious high school graduate. At first, he had difficulty accepting his place as a young, less experienced lab member. But soon, he learned the valuable trait of humility, and enjoyed the opportunity to learn from his older peers and his professors.

Dan quickly learned to manage his time, work in group situations under strict deadlines, and to recognize the importance of a strong work ethic, persistence, and intellectual integrity. He has long since become the most valuable member of my student-lab team, and a role model for his newer classmates.

I recommend Dan to your program with absolute confidence. He has made me proud, as his teacher and friend, and I am sure will continue to do so as he grows in your program and beyond.

Thank you for the opportunity of correspondence,

Sincerely,

Dr. Amy Beck,
Professor, Whitman

http://businessmajors.about.com/od/..._Letters_Sample_Letters_of_Recommendation.htm

To Whom it May Concern,

I am privileged to write in support of my dear friend and student, Dan Peel. Dan studied in my classroom and laboratory program for close to three years, during which time I witnessed his tremendous growth and development. This development came not only in the area of scientific achievement and discovery, but in maturity and character as well.

Dan entered Whitman at the young age of 16,a precocious high school graduate. At first, he had difficulty accepting his place as a young, less experienced lab member. But soon, he learned the valuable trait of humility, and enjoyed the opportunity to learn from his older peers and his professors.

Dan quickly learned to manage his time, work in group situations under strict deadlines, and to recognize the importance of a strong work ethic, persistence, and intellectual integrity. He has long since become the most valuable member of my student-lab team, and a role model for his newer classmates.

I recommend Dan to your program with absolute confidence. He has made me proud, as his teacher and friend, and I am sure will continue to do so as he grows in your program and beyond.

Sincerely,

Dr. Amy Beck,
Professor, Whitman

BLAH, makes me wanna throw up

I also need a sample LOR. If anyone has one, can you please send it to me @ [email protected].

I really appreicate it!!!

i need recomendation letter fromat as my teacher said to me to bring format and idont know what to mention i m trying for endondontics programs plz tell me what to do if anyone has plz email me [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
can you sendme this sample letter of recommendation?

thanks

send to [email protected]

much appreciated

Can you also send me the letter of recommendation. Actually, can you send it directly to AADSAS in my behalf, but sign it as Dr. Petovekowsky. Thanks.

To Whom it May Concern,

Sincerely,

Dr. Amy Beck,
Professor, Whitman

LOL this is so corny its funny.

But, are letters of recommendations this short? I got the impression it was 1-2 pages in length lol. This was what it said in the "guidelines" I found on the internet that I gave to my professors. Would this have anything to do with why its taking them so long to submit the LORs???

Do you think I can your copy of letter of rec, too?

I am applying this year..and my dentist asked me to give him a sample first...so..please.
Thank you.
my e-mail addressis [email protected]

The dentist that wrote my letter of rec let me look it over and I have a copy. He's written thousands recommendation letters. Anyway, I can send you a copy - just PM me and give me your e-mail and I'll send it as an attachment.

Hello Dear SDN members, Im a new user ... I didn't know where to start from and where I could actually introduce myself)... so I decided to write in this thread due to my interest of the subject matter.
I also have problems with recommendation letters, because I have no idea what kind of format they should have and honestly I don't know how they must look like and if there any specific things that dental schools are looking for.
You might think how ******ed I am ;D, but for my own defense want you guys to know and understand me, Im new to American system and never saw any letters of recommendations before except samples I saw online. Therefore, all your advices and comments will be beneficial and instructive. I think it will be good if someone will share their samples of recommendation letters with us or maybe someone have useful links that they can share...
P.S. NewMexDent, could you please send the letter to me also.
I really appreciate your time. Thank you.

I have the same issue as the others above, i know its an old post but i need a sample letter to write my LOR.

My dentist told me to just write it and he will look over it and then sign it.

Im not gonna include stuff like "EXCELLENT STUDENT" since he doesnt know that about me.

I want to keep it all about my job shadowing hours and the advice he has given me throughout these hours.

I hope that makes sense, otherwise please send me some suggestions as well.

Ive been job shadowing for over 100 hours now.

PM me with a letter or email to [email protected]

All the best
Ciprian

Most adcoms can spot a self written letter from a mile away. I would ask your dentist to write it for this reason.

I really appreciate if anyone could send me a copy of your dentist letter? My dentist wants me to write a rough draft of the letter...and it will be very helpful..Thank you:)

Last edited:
My dentist wants me to write it for her too! Can I please have a copy of a dentist's letter of rec, too?

Thanks in advance!!! :love::love::love:

my e-mail addressis [email protected]

can i get a dentist recommendation letter too. my dentist is just too busy and i ask him today about a letter stating how many hours i have been around shadowing him. he wants me to write it and then just have him sign it.

i am too busy with my studying, my test is coming up in 22 days so i want to focus my time on that

so somebody can i have it, i need it for Tufts for the 30+ hours requirement.

my email [email protected]

thanks.

My dentist also wants me to write a letter and have him sign it :/

Can anyone please PM me a sample letter from a dentist?

thank you so much! :)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share their letter of rec's with me. I need to send my dentist a copy of an example of a letter of rec to give her an idea, but I can't find one copy of a dentist's letter on google. (Maybe I'm jus not a google savvy person). But please hel me out if you can!!
I really need it..and I dont have enough time!!
Please help me ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance:D

Have a great day y'all!!
I believe most people sign a piece of paper that says you voluntarily wave your right to have access to those letters. So, I'm not sure if anyone has a copy of their LORs handy to share with you.
Just have your dentist cover the basics:
-How much time you spent at the office.
-Whether or not he thought you're interested in learning.
-What kind of responsibilities you had at the office.
You know, positive stuff hopefully.

I believe most people sign a piece of paper that says you voluntarily wave your right to have access to those letters. So, I'm not sure if anyone has a copy of their LORs handy to share with you.
Just have your dentist cover the basics:
-How much time you spent at the office.
-Whether or not he thought you're interested in learning.
-What kind of responsibilities you had at the office.
You know, positive stuff hopefully.

Even though people sign that, dentists/professors still send them their letters when their finished because they don't even pay attention to that little box you made a check in.
And as you can see throughout this post, many people have already posted some of their LORs...

LOL this is so corny its funny.
But, are letters of recommendations this short? I got the impression it was 1-2 pages in length lol. This was what it said in the "guidelines" I found on the internet that I gave to my professors. Would this have anything to do with why its taking them so long to submit the LORs???

By the time someone has read a full page they are more than likely fast asleep.

The dentist that wrote my letter of rec let me look it over and I have a copy. He's written thousands recommendation letters. Anyway, I can send you a copy - just PM me and give me your e-mail and I'll send it as an attachment.

He/she is one prolific writer.

This thread is hilarious! Don't yall want your letters to be personalized!?

Reactions: 1 user
This thread is hilarious! Don't yall want your letters to be personalized!?
That's what I thought:laugh:
It would be funny if people end up with the same exact dentist LORs.

would someone be able to help me out also? just spoke with my dentist and he told me to give him a sample and he will critique it.

my email is:

[email protected]

thank you

Hello:
I really need help with the reference letter as my dentist is just too lazy to wirte one for me. I will really appreciate if someone can such email me their reference letter. I just need an idea. My email is [email protected]
thanks

Whats wrong with dentists.... CANT THEY JUST WRITE THE LETTERS THEMSELVES!

I was just asked to write mine as well... As if I already dont have enough on my plate....

Maybe a couple English courses integrated into the Dental School curriculum would help improve this epidemic... LOL

Hi everyone! My dentist asked me to write my own letter too. If you could e-mail me a sample one, that would be greatly appreciated! Send e-mail it to [email protected]. Thanks!

Hey I was wondering if anyone could share the letter of recommendation with me. I need to send my dentist a copy of an example of a letter of recommendation to give him an idea, but I can't find anything good. can u please help me out if you can!! I really need it.. Please help me ASAP!!! Thanks in advance Have a great day y'all!! my email address is [email protected]

Last edited:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share their letter of rec's from a dentist with me. I need to send my dentist a copy of an example of a letter of rec to give him an idea, but I can't find one copy of a dentist's letter on google.:(
thanks!
my email is [email protected]

Last edited: