Recommendation letter sample

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OH please OH please help me out! All of a sudden, with this miracle thread, I've realized that there is an easier route to getting the perfect letter of recommendation that I can then forward on to my dentist. I know that some samples are already posted and that I could google some ideas, but it is too much work for me to copy and paste and insert my name, etc. So could somebody else with more time on their hands go out of their way to personally send me a copy of their letter that was written for THEM by a dentist who time out of their day to write it? Oh, I realize that by waiting until now to do this was foolish on my part, but what can I say, I'm a procrastinator and I just simply can't give the dentist a good 3 weeks' notice to write a personalized letter. Now I finally understand the phrase on my boss' desk: Your lack of planning is not an emergency on my part!

Members don't see this ad.

hey my email id is [email protected] please send me a copy of how to write a letter of recommendation.
If you are really a dentist and not a pre-dent who created a psuedo sdn account then here is some advice. You are highly trained and educated in the dental profession. Your experience and knowledge has taught you what it takes to be a successful dentist. Why do you think the student who shadowed you would make a good dentist? What traits do they express that makes you think they will be successful? Write a couple paragraphs why the student would make a strong candidate for dental schools to consider.

Hi everyone
I am highly in need of a sample rec letter from a dentist I would really appreciate it if anyone can send me a samle rec letter so i can give it to the dentist i shadowed, u have no idea how much it would help me
Thank you
here is my email [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!!
My dentist asked me for a sample recommendation letter.
Is anyone willing to share a sample recommendation letter?
I really need help on this one!!

Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks a lot!!!! :D

Can anyone send me sample letter of recommendation also??

my boss (dentist) wants to see one

my email is [email protected]

Thanks

Whats wrong with dentists.... CANT THEY JUST WRITE THE LETTERS THEMSELVES!

I was just asked to write mine as well... As if I already dont have enough on my plate....

Maybe a couple English courses integrated into the Dental School curriculum would help improve this epidemic... LOL

LOL I think its more that they don't WANT to write it than that they CANT write it. Dentists are human, too. They can be just as lazy as we are.

OH please OH please help me out! All of a sudden, with this miracle thread, I've realized that there is an easier route to getting the perfect letter of recommendation that I can then forward on to my dentist. I know that some samples are already posted and that I could google some ideas, but it is too much work for me to copy and paste and insert my name, etc. So could somebody else with more time on their hands go out of their way to personally send me a copy of their letter that was written for THEM by a dentist who time out of their day to write it? Oh, I realize that by waiting until now to do this was foolish on my part, but what can I say, I'm a procrastinator and I just simply can't give the dentist a good 3 weeks' notice to write a personalized letter. Now I finally understand the phrase on my boss' desk: Your lack of planning is not an emergency on my part!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: this thread is too funny.

Members don't see this ad :)
------------------------------------------------

lolzz nice one i was thinking the same thing... ALL of a sudden ppl need copies of LOR emailed to them... i mean if some one needs help with editing that's one thing but this is ridculous!!!:laugh:

I don't know if it's just me . . but I see a bunch of vultures circling above. . .

people, Google will save your more time than just praying for somebody to send you the letter...:cool:

Holy crap.

No wonder our country is in bad shape.

hey my dentist ask me to write my letter of reference by myself too....pls send me a copy of a letter of reference.
[email protected]

I wish this post would end. It seems to me if your dentist is too lazy to write a letter on his own you should ask someone else. What's even more sad is that you all are posting on this blog because YOU also are too LAZY to write one yourself and are hoping that somebody else can do it. I know this is mean of me but honestly the majority of applicants out there took the time to get to know a dentist well enough so that he would feel confident writing at least something on his own. If they didn't then they were at least smart enough to tell him what they wanted him to put down. I would not feel sorry for you if you don't get accepted.

Would help if I could, but I did not see any of my letters of recommendation. I thought most letters were not disclosed to the applicant (at least until after the cycle)? Good luck finding an example...

Can u please send me a LOR to [email protected] ?
Thank u so much in advance.

LOL imagine if a dental school adcom saw all these email addreses. boy it would really suck if you guys use this same email address on ur aadsas app. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

no more LOR requests

NewMexDent ,

can u please help me with the format of recommendation letter from dentist.I have been doing observership in a clinic and my dentist is ready to write a letter of recommendation for me but he wants me to get the format.I coud'nt find any on google. If u can forward me the format soon it would be of great help.

thank u
my email - [email protected]

Last edited:
NewMexDent ,

can u please help me with the format of recommendation letter from dentist.I have been doing observership in a clinic and my dentist is ready to write a letter of recommendation for me but he wants me to get the format.I coud'nt find any on google. If u can forward me the format soon it would be of great help.

thank u
my email id is- [email protected]

Can you also send it to me...thanks! You can pm me.

To Whom It May Concern,

I need a sample letter so I can substitute my name with yours and have my dentist sign it. I doubt any schools will notice identical letters since they receive 2000-4000 applications. Thanks for hooking a brotha up.

Yours truly,

La Douche

I think I hit the jackpot. I found a sample LOR on SDN in broad daylight!

I believe LORs are read before interviews. I'm sorry you have to go through this... My friend went through the same thing in the previous cycles. After getting rejections in one of the previous application cycles... one of my friends used Interfolio and sent himself this one LOR that a professor wrote for him. My friend didn't know this professor well, but he took his chances since he didn't really know any professors that well. This is exactly what the professor wrote:

"To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing on behalf of [friend's name]. He asked me to write a recommendation letter and here it is.

Sincerely,
Professor [name]"

To Whom It May Concern,

I need a sample letter so I can substitute my name with yours and have my dentist sign it. I doubt any schools will notice identical letters since they receive 2000-4000 applications. Thanks for hooking a brotha up.

Yours truly,

La Douche

hahaha. This pretty much sums up how I feel about this thread.

To Whom It May Concern,

Yours truly,

La Douche

Hilarious thread! Don't let it die.

Thank god I found this reply ! I know it's pretty late and the last reply has been like one and half years ago, but is anyone still interested in this post to help me out with the dentist LOR? My dentist wanted me to make one up and give it to her.... and i am totally lost :S

Please can anyone help me out??? If anyone can send me one, you are my savior!!!!

[email protected]

Help PLEASE for a REC letter to Ortho program

I am applying this year.to the ORTHO program.and my dentist asked me to give him a sample first...so..please help me out for I need a strong letter.
Thank you.
my e-mail address is [email protected]

I am applying this year.to the ORTHO program.and my dentist asked me to give him a sample first...so..please help me out for I need a strong letter.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Thank you.

Seriously guys? You are all going to have the same letters. Just ask your dentist or a professor for help if you really have to write your own. Most adcoms can probably tell though like someone else said. There IS a reason as to why you waive your right to view your LORs

Hi everyone. The dentist I shadow also asked me to give her a draft. could anyone share their dentist letter with me?
[email protected]
Your help is greatly appreciated

Hi, I need your kind help. I am applying for IDS program and I desperately need a LOR. My dentist asked me for a sample recommendation letter. I will appreciate if you could email me sample/copy of a recommendation letter you got. my email address is [email protected]. I understand that it can not be copied. It will be used as a guidance only.
Thanks

I hope that aadsas uses a turnitin type plagiarism screener....This thread is ridiculous.