Recommendation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lea102

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I will be applying to medical school for this cycle and currently, I have 1 MD, 1 committee letter, and 1 retail manager letter of recommendation.

I am thinking about asking 3 more people, but have no idea who to pick because I'm worried 6 people total might be a lot :(

Here are my other possible 3 Choices:
1) Written by an MD who's in charge of the clinical research program at the hospital I do research at, and the program guarantees a letter upon completion of x hours. She has no idea who I am or who other researchers are (it's made of 25+ undergrads), but she apparently talks to any student who requests a letter for an hour before writing one. This hospital is part of the medical school that is my first choice, which might help.

2) written by an MD who I've shadowed for almost 100 hours. We get along great and I've learned a lot, but I don't know what she can say that the other MD who I'm already getting one from won't say. :(

3) written by math (calc 1) professor, who I had first semester freshman year (and am now an upcoming senior). I got an A in his class and went to office hours every week, and we knew each other very well. But I haven't seen him in a year.

Any advice or anything would be amazing, I just don't know what to do. :/
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you submitting so many letters? For most schools, the committee letter should be enough (I'm assuming your school takes X letters, puts them into a packet, and writes a committee letter and sends all of that out). Is there something substantive that these other letters would add?

Members don't see this ad :)
Committee packet is enough

Reactions: 1 user