Recommendations for visiting a D.O. school????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedGrl@2022

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to visit UNECOM tomorrow. I am going for a tour and meeting with the recruiter. Any recommendations as to what questions one should ask, what to bring, etc. when visiting a D.O. school?

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure to ask what a DO is. They want to see that you are interested in the profession.

tucomnvms1 said:
Make sure to ask what a DO is. They want to see that you are interested in the profession.

If you were interested in it, wouldn't you know what it is?

Members don't see this ad :)
BradenDO said:
If you were interested in it, wouldn't you know what it is?

At some point, you have to learn information.

You may have been interested in the molecular biology of the gene before you came to college, but you hadn't learned it yet. Thus, at some point you asked the question, "What is the makeup of the gene?" or you were taught it without inquiry.

drmax said:
At some point, you have to learn information.

You may have been interested in the molecular biology of the gene before you came to college, but you hadn't learned it yet. Thus, at some point you asked the question, "What is the makeup of the gene?" or you were taught it without inquiry.

That's a good point, but I don't think that Tucomnv was serious...

I did the same at my top choice schools before I applied... dress professionally, go over your numbers quickly, express that UNECOM is your top choice and what the recruiter feels you need to do this next year to maximize your chances. I took my AACOMAS worksheet and did that but I met with the admissions director which may have more pull than a recruiter.

I just realized that your post is from yesterday and perhaps it's too late to take that advice, but maybe others will find it useful.

Packamylase said:
That's a good point, but I don't think that Tucomnv was serious...

You are right. I wasn't that serious.. Good luck at UNECOM!

tinylilron said:
I am going to visit UNECOM tomorrow. I am going for a tour and meeting with the recruiter. Any recommendations as to what questions one should ask, what to bring, etc. when visiting a D.O. school?

Right around lunchtime, ask for directions to the nearest bar!

Incidentaly, the best bar near campus... not the closest... is Federal Jacks in Kennebunkport... about 8 miles but well worth the drive! Make sure you try the prelude ale around christmas time... almost 8% alcohol!