Recommendations question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docveda

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what do you advise?

I have 4 recomendations so far, one from a biochem prof, one from bio research one from organic and one dental. Should that be enough? Or do you think i need to add one more non science. How important is it that i have a non science? thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

docveda said:
Hey guys what do you advise?

I have 4 recomendations so far, one from a biochem prof, one from bio research one from organic and one dental. Should that be enough? Or do you think i need to add one more non science. How important is it that i have a non science? thanks. :)

i think at least one nonscience is important because dentistry isnt all about science, its also about how you interact with people too, not to mention it improves the "well-rounded" individual image.

also, i think some schools require a non-science recommendation.

good luck :)

HC_smiles said:
i think at least one nonscience is important because dentistry isnt all about science, its also about how you interact with people too, not to mention it improves the "well-rounded" individual image.

also, i think some schools require a non-science recommendation.

good luck :)

I agree... it's good to show another side of yourself. My school has a pre-health committee and they said I should get a non-science teacher to write a letter of rec as well...

Members don't see this ad :)
is letters from research professors fulfill the requirement for
science professors?

ddsjymaeng said:
is letters from research professors fulfill the requirement for
science professors?

I'm pretty sure it has to be someone who actually taught you in an academic setting.

Only get letters of rec if they're strong. I don't think they care exactly who its from (to an extent) as long as they provide some insight into what makes you an oustanding candidate. Don't get letters for the sake of what "looks good" overall because a crappy letter will reflect negatively only on yourself and your inability to get along with professionals enough to the point where they are willing to write a genuinely enthusiastic letter.