Recommended background knowledge I should know before working in a molecular and microbiology lab?

Started by MeSoPro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MeSoPro

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just got a new lab position in my school's molecular + microbiology department starting this fall. What are some good resources for me to learn the basic background knowledge before I start? I am current a rising sophomore. I have taken an intro to cellular biology class but it was pretty basic. If it helps my lab works mainly with the TB bacterium. Thanks guys!
 
Dilutions and quanfying organisms. That's probably gonna be 95% of what you do in a micro lab.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How to handle a micropipettor and how to make solutions.

And wash your hands when you're finished in the lab.


So I just got a new lab position in my school's molecular + microbiology department starting this fall. What are some good resources for me to learn the basic background knowledge before I start? I am current a rising sophomore. I have taken an intro to cellular biology class but it was pretty basic. If it helps my lab works mainly with the TB bacterium. Thanks guys!