Recommended reads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bence

bence
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will soon be heading off to a couple of away rad onc electives and I need to get a stronger rad onc foundation so I don't look like a total *****. Other than reading up on the faculty member's latest work, can anyone recommend a good reading list? Perhaps listed by subject, containing seminal articles and solid chapters on rad onc fundamentals (as current as a text book can be)? :oops:

(I have the Coia small intro book and a 2nd ed. Perez Principles and Practice of Rad Onc)

Members don't see this ad.

I was given Cancer Management: A Multidisiciplinary Approach by an attending. It's edited by Pazdur, Coia, Hoskins, and Wagman and seems to be currently in its eight edition (2004). Nothing is in great detail but it is a wonderful resource to pick up key points regarding each cancer site. It won't make you an expert in rad onc, but it will allow you to understand what's going on. Its ISBN by the way is: 1891483234

Good luck with the aways

Hey thanks for the info. Interestingly, I looked it up on the web and I think it's available free as mutliple PDF files (a file for each chapter... which might be good if I knew how to get my palm to read PDFs). The link is:

http://www.cancernetwork.com/handbook/contents.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
great find thanks for the link

bence said:
I will soon be heading off to a couple of away rad onc electives and I need to get a stronger rad onc foundation so I don't look like a total *****. Other than reading up on the faculty member's latest work, can anyone recommend a good reading list? Perhaps listed by subject, containing seminal articles and solid chapters on rad onc fundamentals (as current as a text book can be)? :oops:

(I have the Coia small intro book and a 2nd ed. Perez Principles and Practice of Rad Onc)
get the free month of uptodate.com. you wont regret it.