Recommended textbook for Paeds rotation? (med student)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ibnabdullah

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm confused as to which book to buy. I've heard about Paeds at a glance but a friend told me it doesn't cover everything and will need to be supplemented with another book. And the "illustrated textbook of paediatrics has some bad reviews on amazon. Any recommendtations?
 
I did really well (high 80s) on the NBME shelf last year just studying Blueprints: pediatrics and working hard on service. It's certainly not an all inclusive text, but it's focused and concise which is all you really have time for anyway if you're in the hospital all day. A little supplementation with questions from usmleworld or a question book never hurts either.