Recommended Upper Division Bio Courses to Take Online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pasta_water1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So apparently I have nothing to do for this summer and I'm thinking of trying to fill time with taking a Bio Upper division elective that is either Cell Bio, Cancer Bio, Immunology, Genetics or even a upper division Psych like Abnormal Psych.

However, my school is incredibly expensive to take summer classes and since I am not looking to knock out actual pre-reqs but earn brownie points, I'm considering taking them online where it is cheaper and more convenient.

Currently I'm looking at taking it through UC Berkeley or UNE but some of the reviews are terrible for these courses and its often just assigned readings with no lecture video which is kinda difficult for me being a audio-visual learner.

Does anyone know of good providers of any of these courses and if so, any chance you can link me a copy of the syllabus?
 
Most of these classes require labs, no? I think it would be better if you did these classes in person only because they are upper division sciences. However, you can definitely fill up your summer with online psych, soc, humanities classes.
 
I would say online psych or physiology. I took online physiology from UNE and actually really enjoyed the class. I felt like I learned well and I want to say there were videos you could watch from the professor. The professor also was very responsive to questions and would reply within a day. Obviously it is not as crazy as actual medical school phys but I would say it helped me quite significantly.