Recording observation hrs in Ptcas??

Started by EmmaLee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EmmaLee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've been observing at a SNF for a couple weeks. And I've been wondering how I should record my hours in PTCAS since I have been shadowing 3-4 different physIcal therapists. Should I ask one of them to confirm all 30 hours of observation even though it wasn't all with that particular physical therapist?

Has anyone else had this issue?
 
Generally, in the larger facilities, one physical therapist verifies hours for the whole PT department. If no one is assigned that responsibility, you should ask one therapist if they'd be willing to do so. Good opportunity to get to know them better and finagle a letter of recommendation too!
 
Yep he's right. That's what I'm doing. I shadowed a ton of PT's this summer and am asking one PT from each location to verify hours when that time comes. Just stay in touch however you can.