Recruiter possibly withholding info...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent4ever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had or is currently having issues with their recruiter possibly withholding information (physical results for example) from you, and you cant proceed with your app with another branch because theyre waiting on that info to come through?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had or is currently having issues with their recruiter possibly withholding information (physical results for example) from you, and you cant proceed with your app with another branch because theyre waiting on that info to come through?

I doubt that. They have no real incentive to do so, although they are probably unhappy about it. I had my Info transfer over from AF to Army without a problem.

I don't think they intentionally withhold anything. Though I think they are frequently wrong and/or misinformed. But everything that they think they know, they will share. And that which they do not know, they might try to share anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have absolutely had this happen to me. Applied for the 4 year Navy HPSP and did not get it due to a late application. Soon afterwards I applied to the 3 year Air Force HPSP and getting my physical results transferred to the AF was an absolute nightmare. My AF recruiter and I were given the run around for a solid month and a half until finally on the last possible day we were able to procure the physical results. My Navy recruiter would duck our calls and we only were able to reach her after my AF's recruiter called from his secretary's phone so she wouldn't recognize the number. Even so, since I received a medical waiver from the Navy (due to an ACL surgery 6 years ago) I was told that the waiver does not automatically transfer branches, thus further delaying my application and I missed the deadline for the AF. Now I am praying for another AF board which my recruiter tells me is highly unlikely because they have already handed out numerous scholarships and have a waitlist. When people on this site tell you to not trust recruiters, DO NOT TRUST RECRUITERS!