Recruiter Scrambling For Pathology Work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2021Doctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is an email I just received from a major locum tenens firm. I did cross out the name of the sender but the email is otherwise intact.

I hope you are looking forward to summer! Just been trying to track down some pathology work. I've got pathologists looking for work across the country and have struggling to track anything down. Would you happen to know of anyone who is looking to bring on any extra help? Whether it's full time, part time, or even locums I'd love to hear about it! Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX

Client Developer | Pathology

Locum Tenens Division

Members don't see this ad.

GI guys looking for part time PC work paying $5 a slide

Here is an email I just received from a major locum tenens firm. I did cross out the name of the sender but the email is otherwise intact.

I hope you are looking forward to summer! Just been trying to track down some pathology work. I've got pathologists looking for work across the country and have struggling to track anything down. Would you happen to know of anyone who is looking to bring on any extra help? Whether it's full time, part time, or even locums I'd love to hear about it! Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX

Client Developer | Pathology

Locum Tenens Division

Yup. I stopped taking calls from locum firms because once I did, they called me non-stop. This has very much dissuaded me from hiring jr. partners as I feel I could call up any locums company and have a replacement for my current crew in mere days. Im sure if I realize this, many other groups also realize this, vastly decreasing any leverage new graduates have in the current market.

Think of pathology groups analogous to relationships, if you are in a big city with tons of eager women buzzing around you 24-7, your eagerness to stay with a current woman regardless how awesome she is will be diminished due to a far lower market value of dates in general. But if you are in a small town, in a rural area your current mate will dramatically rise in value and you will also feel a greater sense of relationship happiness due to the much tighter dating market. This "market value" based underpinning of happiness/satisfaction has been repeatedly proved in the published scientific literature.

Oversupply not only locks out low to mid tier new graduates, but even the top notch new grads that will inevitably find employment due to their stellar credentials will face far higher standards at their new positions and perhaps for several years afterward.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. I stopped taking calls from locum firms because once I did, they called me non-stop. This has very much dissuaded me from hiring jr. partners as I feel I could call up any locums company and have a replacement for my current crew in mere days. Im sure if I realize this, many other groups also realize this, vastly decreasing any leverage new graduates have in the current market.

Think of pathology groups analogous to relationships, if you are in a big city with tons of eager women buzzing around you 24-7, your eagerness to stay with a current woman regardless how awesome she is will be diminished due to a far lower market value of dates in general. But if you are in a small town, in a rural area your current mate will dramatically rise in value and you will also feel a greater sense of relationship happiness due to the much tighter dating market. This "market value" based underpinning of happiness/satisfaction has been repeatedly proved in the published scientific literature.

Oversupply not only locks out low to mid tier new graduates, but even the top notch new grads that will inevitably find employment due to their stellar credentials will face far higher standards at their new positions and perhaps for several years afterward.
If you stick to "50 mile radius" rule, you get the best of two worlds.

Despite the OP post, I know of residents who failed boards at least once and still managed to get a job.

Reactions: 1 user