Recs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heller123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in a pickle.

I have recs being written by my Calculus professor, research professor, and two dentists that I've shadowed. However I'm assuming since it's summer, my biochem professor has not gotten back to me about my rec. I've also asked my biology teacher who has yet to respond either and its been a couple of weeks. I think the only other option I have is to ask my cell bio professor but I got a B in the class so I'm not sure if it's a great idea but I'm out of options for science recs!!!:confused::confused:

Also is sending my application out mid-july too late? I'll be taking the DAT then

Members don't see this ad.

Ask your cell bio professor, a `B` is not a bad grade, and you may very likely need that letter. I had a fantastic letter from a physics professor, whose class I got a C+ in. If anything, if your cell bio professor is positive about writing for you, it makes the grade look less important (the class may just be very difficult, but the professor vouches for you as a student, win!).

If you can't get that letter, you'll just have to submit with what you have, and see what you can get away with. While you're waiting to hear from dental schools, you just keep working on those science professors. Then if a school ends up saying they need an additional science letter, you'll hopefully be closer to having one (or already have one), and can just submit directly to that school(s). I'm sure you've heard, but occasionally schools will be flexible with what they require for LORs. :xf:

Sending your app out mid-July is not late, but keep in mind that it could take up to a month post taking the DAT for it to get to AADSAS and get to dental schools through it.