Red Flag LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halcyon32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say a letter writer writes some bad things about you in a LOR without you knowing. Obviously this is a huge red flag and one would likely not get accepted because of it. However, if one were to reapply and not use that same person's letter, do schools make a note of it in that student's file and see that they received such a letter in a past cycle despite not having one this cycle?

I'm not asking for a friend but this truly is a hypothetical and does not apply to me at all. I haven't even taken my MCAT yet, let alone applied. Just genuinely curious!

Members don't see this ad.

The wise @gyngyn has noted that his school keep old apps.

Say a letter writer writes some bad things about you in a LOR without you knowing. Obviously this is a huge red flag and one would likely not get accepted because of it. However, if one were to reapply and not use that same person's letter, do schools make a note of it in that student's file and see that they received such a letter in a past cycle despite not having one this cycle?

I'm not asking for a friend but this truly is a hypothetical and does not apply to me at all. I haven't even taken my MCAT yet, let alone applied. Just genuinely curious!

They have you mark that you're a "reapplicant" for a reason.