Reference Book/PDA Software for Laboratory Values

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

julia403

4th Year Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 3rd year pharmacy student & I'm looking for any good reference book or even better, PDA software that is good for looking up laboratory values & how to interpret them. I've started more therapeutics/clinical-related classes & have found myself in need of a good reference source. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

julia403 said:
I'm a 3rd year pharmacy student & I'm looking for any good reference book or even better, PDA software that is good for looking up laboratory values & how to interpret them. I've started more therapeutics/clinical-related classes & have found myself in need of a good reference source. Any suggestions?

I don't know about PDA software but a good book is "Basic Skills in interpreting Labortatory Data" by Mary Lee. Ed. It is published by ASHP and is geared toward pharmacy. It covers all the different type of lab tests in pretty good detail.

I use Lexi-Complete. One of the modules is Lexi-Labs and it contains reference ranges for lab values. I like some of the other features of Lexi like pediatric dosing, pharmacotherapy handbook, clinical consult, etc. It got me through therapeutics in year 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
julia403 said:

I definitely agree that Lexi-Comp is the best. I have used several programs and it excels above all others.

Thanks, I'll try the LexiComp, the school is actually going to be providing that PDA software for us this year.