Reference help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Determined27

Pre-Pharmacy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically, i am in need of getting references from people but I'm not sure who to get it from. I have my pharmacist that I have worked for and a microbiology teacher but I am not sure about the third reference. Any suggestions?? I have another person I can get it from but I'm not sure if that would be a good reference, she is the founder of the brain tumor foundation for children and I have volunteered there for quiet a long time. Is that a good idea for a reference? Any other suggestions are much appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same problem exactly. I'm getting a pharmacist and my microbiology professor for my first 2 and I couldn't decide on a third. I ended up choosing a psychology professor because it was a small class and we wrote A LOT of papers and essays unlike science classes. Your idea sounds even better though. If she knows you relatively well then I would go for that. It makes a nice well-rounded set of references.

I chose my ochem professor, my ap2 professor and my math professor, I got the okay from my ochem professor.

I had the same problem exactly. I'm getting a pharmacist and my microbiology professor for my first 2 and I couldn't decide on a third. I ended up choosing a psychology professor because it was a small class and we wrote A LOT of papers and essays unlike science classes. Your idea sounds even better though. If she knows you relatively well then I would go for that. It makes a nice well-rounded set of references.

Yeah, I would say you can't go wrong with your organic chemistry professor. In addition to that, I had a pharmacist that is a friend on the family and the superintendent of the high schools where I went to school.