Reference help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Determined27

Pre-Pharmacy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So basically, i am in need of getting references from people but I'm not sure who to get it from. I have my pharmacist that I have worked for and a microbiology teacher but I am not sure about the third reference. Any suggestions?? I have another person I can get it from but I'm not sure if that would be a good reference, she is the founder of the brain tumor foundation for children and I have volunteered there for quiet a long time. Is that a good idea for a reference? Any other suggestions are much appreciated! 🙂
 
I had the same problem exactly. I'm getting a pharmacist and my microbiology professor for my first 2 and I couldn't decide on a third. I ended up choosing a psychology professor because it was a small class and we wrote A LOT of papers and essays unlike science classes. Your idea sounds even better though. If she knows you relatively well then I would go for that. It makes a nice well-rounded set of references.
 
I chose my ochem professor, my ap2 professor and my math professor, I got the okay from my ochem professor.
 
I had the same problem exactly. I'm getting a pharmacist and my microbiology professor for my first 2 and I couldn't decide on a third. I ended up choosing a psychology professor because it was a small class and we wrote A LOT of papers and essays unlike science classes. Your idea sounds even better though. If she knows you relatively well then I would go for that. It makes a nice well-rounded set of references.


Yeah, I would say you can't go wrong with your organic chemistry professor. In addition to that, I had a pharmacist that is a friend on the family and the superintendent of the high schools where I went to school.