reference letters

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by physio3, May 15, 2008.

1. physio3

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hi, in regards to getting reference letters from professors.
    If I want to apply to lets say 3 schools for OT and Physio, does the prof have to write 3 references?
    I'm just having a hard time asking my profs for it again because I've been rejected from a school I applied to in canada and now I want to try to apply in the States, but I have to keep asking him for references.
    I wish i could have a copy that I just copy and send.
    anyone else had this problem when applying to more schools?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ShaRaye

DPT / OTD
    I narrowed my choices of schools and printed out evaluation forms for each. I then drafted a cover letter asking referees to complete the form and write a letter of recommendation on my behalf. Attached to the letter were instructions for completing the form and mailing the information. In this regard, I only hit my references up once for a letter of recommendation.

BTW, I have also had a professor email me a copy of the letter. This letter was for graduate studies in a program I pursued years ago. As such, I would just change the address of the schools I sought admissions, print out a copy and mail it to him along with an envelope and postage. I hope this helps.

P.S. For the latter, he offered to email me a copy for my records. I did not ask him to do so.

Best wishes,
    ShaRaye