SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

reference letters

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by physio3, May 15, 2008.

1. physio3

May 15, 2008
    Hi, in regards to getting reference letters from professors.
    If I want to apply to lets say 3 schools for OT and Physio, does the prof have to write 3 references?
    I'm just having a hard time asking my profs for it again because I've been rejected from a school I applied to in canada and now I want to try to apply in the States, but I have to keep asking him for references.
    I wish i could have a copy that I just copy and send.
    anyone else had this problem when applying to more schools?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ShaRaye

Mar 22, 2008
    I narrowed my choices of schools and printed out evaluation forms for each. I then drafted a cover letter asking referees to complete the form and write a letter of recommendation on my behalf. Attached to the letter were instructions for completing the form and mailing the information. In this regard, I only hit my references up once for a letter of recommendation.

BTW, I have also had a professor email me a copy of the letter. This letter was for graduate studies in a program I pursued years ago. As such, I would just change the address of the schools I sought admissions, print out a copy and mail it to him along with an envelope and postage. I hope this helps.

P.S. For the latter, he offered to email me a copy for my records. I did not ask him to do so.

Best wishes,