Reference or Resale?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ROCKet_gurly, Dec 29, 2001.

1. ROCKet_gurly

ROCKet_gurly Member

Just wondering whats a better idea. Should I resale or keep my study guides. They give a pretty good overview and I thought that they'd be helpful for reference but should I keep the text books and forget the study guides? What do you all do?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member

4. grunermann

grunermann Senior Member

Sell your textbooks while they actually have value. When your collection gets out of hand, new editions will be out and your books will be worthless.

5. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]

6. KyGrlDr2B

I only keep the books that were VERY helpful. I couldn't wait to sell back my physics book, that thing was worthless. I waited on a few books, like organic, until after I took the mcat, but once that was over I pretty much pitched a bunch of ones I didn't need or want. Then when I got in med school I threw out all the notes I had kept...I had kept notes from even english and non-science classes like that. I did a major room cleaning and threw everything except interesting stuff away (parasitology, mammalogy, anatomy). But the only books I have now are Bio books that are good for explaining dna, genetics, etc.