Reference or Resale?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROCKet_gurly

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering whats a better idea. Should I resale or keep my study guides. They give a pretty good overview and I thought that they'd be helpful for reference but should I keep the text books and forget the study guides? What do you all do?

Members don't see this ad.

Sell your textbooks while they actually have value. When your collection gets out of hand, new editions will be out and your books will be worthless.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by grunermann:
•Sell your textbooks while they actually have value. When your collection gets out of hand, new editions will be out and your books will be worthless.•••

I suppose it depends on the what type of book it is. As far as I can tell, physics and chemistry have not changed all that much over the last 100 years. A good physics or chemistry book from 1965 can be just as valuable as one from 2001. Text books can be wonderful reference resources. Keeping them depends on if you like to keep a library of books or not. I move a lot so I tend not to keep a lot of books but I still have a set of physics, chemistry, organic chemistry, and biology books.

I only keep the books that were VERY helpful. I couldn't wait to sell back my physics book, that thing was worthless. I waited on a few books, like organic, until after I took the mcat, but once that was over I pretty much pitched a bunch of ones I didn't need or want. Then when I got in med school I threw out all the notes I had kept...I had kept notes from even english and non-science classes like that. I did a major room cleaning and threw everything except interesting stuff away (parasitology, mammalogy, anatomy). But the only books I have now are Bio books that are good for explaining dna, genetics, etc.