Regalia Protocals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicationWorks

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured this would be a good place to post this question. Can/should I wear masters hood (MS) on stage were I am receiving a doctoral hood (MD)? Do people wear multiple hoods to these things? Or is better to leave the masters hood at home.

Sorry for the silly question. I haven't been through this sort of graduation ceremony yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I figured this would be a good place to post this question. Can/should I wear masters hood (MS) on stage were I am receiving a doctoral hood (MD)? Do people wear multiple hoods to these things? Or is better to leave the masters hood at home.

Sorry for the silly question. I haven't been through this sort of graduation ceremony yet.

I depends on your school's protocol. My school let those of us with doctorates carry our hoods. I don't think they did it for the masters, though.

Ed

Normally you are aloud to wear the academic regalia you have earned. People with PhDs where their PhD hood and then place the MD hood on top during the ceremony and likewise with masters. At a future date you would only wear the hood of your highest academic degree. One our deans who is an MD-PhD wore her PhD hood not her MD hood to our graduation.