Regarding Hunter college...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centrinoduo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a postbac student thinking of entering Hunter or Stony Brook for my postbac study and was wondering if anyone could share me his/her input on the experience at Hunter college. Specifically, I've read some Hunter horror stories on how postbacs couldn't register for their classes because of their late August registration date.. and having to either take courses at other community college or even delay a year.

Can you share with me if this was the feeling you've got? Also, can you tell me how you enjoyed Hunter college?

Members don't see this ad.

im taking bio2 and g.chem2 at hunter. I was really really *100 trying to get into orgo1, but I couldn't. So, I am taking orgo1 in bmcc(community college in Manhattan, this is really easy and cheap. so, I don't think dental school admission committee accept this class. I am gonna take orgo1 again at 4 year college. I hope it would be at hunter, but I am not sure I can do it next semester.)

I was considering Hunter as well but the overall unavailability of a webpage or publication info re: their post-bacc program has made me skeptical. I'm about to graduate from the CUNY Honors College so I'm all about CUNY and SUNY but I'm rooting more for City's program or for Stony Brook. As a CUNY student, I know that the late reg. can be a real hassle (one that I never dealt with as an honors student). If anyone knows more about Hunter, I'd be really curious to know myself.

thanks!!

hey hunter folks,

this might be a sorta dumb question but when applying to Hunter's Post Bac Program do you apply as a non degree student or is there a separate application for the Post Bac Program?? thanks!

~m~