Jan 2, 2010
Reality, or so i think.
Status
what are the easier to get in new york state medical schools? not including DO. i am asking this because my gpa right now is bad, 2.91. i am in my fourth semester right now. i figure by the time i apply my gpa won't be so much better.

HarMegido

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
what are the easier to get in new york state medical schools? not including DO.
1. with that attitude, you don't deserve to go into medical school. go to the one that you want to go to. instead of one that is easy to get into

2. what is wrong with DO? with your GPA, you'll be lucky if a DO school even considers you.

Jan 2, 2010
Reality, or so i think.
Status
1. with that attitude, you don't deserve to go into medical school. go to the one that you want to go to. instead of one that is easy to get into

2. what is wrong with DO? with your GPA, you'll be lucky if a DO school even considers you.
waaaa waaaa so mean.

this is my fourth semster, i still have 2 years to go to stack my grades, not to mention all the summer/winter sessions in between.

VTBuc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2009
Roanoke, VA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
waaaa waaaa so mean.

this is my fourth semster, i still have 2 years to go to stack my grades, not to mention all the summer/winter sessions in between.
You said that your grades weren't going to get any better, not that guy. You realize that getting into medical school is really hard, right? And that medical school is even harder? And residency even harder? If you're not willing to work hard to raise your grades now you might want to reconsider.

Jan 2, 2010
Reality, or so i think.
Status
You said that your grades weren't going to get any better, not that guy. You realize that getting into medical school is really hard, right? And that medical school is even harder? And residency even harder? If you're not willing to work hard to raise your grades now you might want to reconsider.
heh, nm people.

cpants

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Why not DO? Beggars can't be choosers my man.

Jan 2, 2010
Reality, or so i think.
Status
i am going to give up answering this thread now.....ty for your time though Cata :).

amine2086

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Hola!
Status
Medical Student
what are the easier to get in new york state medical schools? not including DO. i am asking this because my gpa right now is bad, 2.91. i am in my fourth semester right now. i figure by the time i apply my gpa won't be so much better.
Regarding medical schools, with that GPA your chance of getting accepted to ANY medical school is close to zero. So work hard to bring that GPA up or look at other careers.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2010
Reality, or so i think.
Status
*note to self: never disclose GPA on SDN unless i am ready to apply, other wise i will be judged prematurely"

LuciusVorenus

Bad Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2009
Status
Medical Student
*note to self: never disclose GPA on SDN unless i am ready to apply, other wise i will be judged prematurely"
No ones judging you, we're just telling you, you shouldn't aim for a 3.0 if you want to go to med school. And if you want a realistic chance of getting into med school you should also consider DO. I mean, better to get realistic advice than have people sugarcoat it right?

LuciusVorenus

Bad Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2009
Status
Medical Student

If you had waited a while to open up a profile on mdapps you would have been number 10,000 :p

cpants

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
No ones judging you, we're just telling you, you shouldn't aim for a 3.0 if you want to go to med school. And if you want a realistic chance of getting into med school you should also consider DO. I mean, better to get realistic advice than have people sugarcoat it right?
Agree. People post their 3.0 on here and expect other posters to tell them the have a chance at Hopkins and don't worry about backup plans. Sorry, but the reality is that you face an uphill battle with a 3.0. Better to wrap your head around that now and start taking steps to make sure you become a doctor.

amine2086

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Hola!
Status
Medical Student
I know truth hurts sometimes. But I think truth is better than false hope.

bravofleet4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Status
Medical Student
it doesn't look good at all for any allo medical school within the U.S. barring exceptional circumstances

stimulus package
Dec 8, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical

hahaha cleavverrrr dude dontcha know sdn is the place people get told why they should reconsider the field? you can say very little on this site without being told "you might want to go into something else" or "you don't deserve to be a doctor". many people come here instead of going to their school's pre med office. the first statement, while harsh, may be warrented in some cases, but the second, no matter how bad a situation you're in will never be said to you by anyone except people on this website.

use the msar for stuff like this. people have a tendency to be dbags when anyone makes a thread asking for help. you should have taken the easy way out and started a debate on health care, urm status, md/do (which, commendable, you're starting) and then slipped in your question half way down the page. :)

roseglass6370

Are we there yet?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
Status
Other Health Professions Student
hahaha cleavverrrr dude dontcha know sdn is the place people get told why they should reconsider the field? you can say very little on this site without being told "you might want to go into something else" or "you don't deserve to be a doctor". many people come here instead of going to their school's pre med office. the first statement, while harsh, may be warrented in some cases, but the second, no matter how bad a situation you're in will never be said to you by anyone except people on this website.

use the msar for stuff like this. people have a tendency to be dbags when anyone makes a thread asking for help. you should have taken the easy way out and started a debate on health care, urm status, md/do (which, commendable, you're starting) and then slipped in your question half way down the page. :)
:thumbup: :laugh: The truth hurts.

thesauce

10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2005
Status
Attending Physician

These seem contradictory. Your first point says he should just go the the one he wants to go to (which is like negating the competitiveness of medical school) and your second point suggests he should consider DO even though he already stated that's not what he wanted.