Regarding the ERAS application...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toe2hand

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My ERAS application is complete except I have 3 out of 4 LOR's uploaded. The 4th letter should be excellent and is from a well-known and well-respected surgeon.

Should I submit my application now or wait until all 4 LOR's are available for programs to download? If submitted now, will programs readily download the 4th letter when it is available? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in an FM residency, second year and switching to ob/gyn. Still working on my PS. Now wondering if I should just submit my CAF and USMLE transcripts to programs first. I am worried about planning for interviews early since I don't have as much flexibility to take days off. anyone out there who hasn't submitted PS but got interviews? does it look bad not to submit the PS at the same time as rest of application?

My ERAS application is complete except I have 3 out of 4 LOR's uploaded. The 4th letter should be excellent and is from a well-known and well-respected surgeon.

Should I submit my application now or wait until all 4 LOR's are available for programs to download? If submitted now, will programs readily download the 4th letter when it is available? Thank you.

Submit your application regardless of letters. That is the main priority, then send letters out ASAP as you get them.

Submit your application regardless of letters. That is the main priority, then send letters out ASAP as you get them.

Agreed. Lots of folks are getting interviews before all their letters are in, so you are giving up these slots by sitting on it.

As for ccmd's question about the PS, just get it done and in. I would finish that up and submit at the same time because this, unlike letters, is totally in your control, so programs probably expect to see this come over the same time as the CAF/CV. Don't dally, just write the thing and submit it. If it's holding up your application, you are probably overthinking it.