regenerative medicine course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AndyDufrane

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have recommendations as far as courses that are useful if considering adding regenerative medicine to practice?

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you located? I have no idea if it's good or not, but there is a half day course here in Pittsburgh next weekend.

what sort of regenerative injection therapies are you interested in and how much are you able to spend?

Members don't see this ad :)
what sort of regenerative injection therapies are you interested in and how much are you able to spend?

I'm interested in Prolotherapy personally. I would love to get certified in it. Any idea where that can happen?

I'm interested in Prolotherapy personally. I would love to get certified in it. Any idea where that can happen?
I don't know enough to say if someone actually provides certification for it. However, from what I know most either take the Hemwall-Hackett course in Madison Wisconsin or go to an AAOM workshop as a way to start getting into it. I just started about 5 weeks ago. Excited to start this new aspect of treatment for patients to see if what I can accomplish will come close to what have heard anecdotally

I don't know enough to say if someone actually provides certification for it. However, from what I know most either take the Hemwall-Hackett course in Madison Wisconsin or go to an AAOM workshop as a way to start getting into it. I just started about 5 weeks ago. Excited to start this new aspect of treatment for patients to see if what I can accomplish will come close to what have heard anecdotally

I am a resident still but would definitely be interested in learning more. I knowthere is someone in IL who has done a lot of research on it and it seems quite promising. I've also had attendings who have had done it to themselves and they swear by it.

I am a resident still but would definitely be interested in learning more. I knowthere is someone in IL who has done a lot of research on it and it seems quite promising. I've also had attendings who have had done it to themselves and they swear by it.
I am new to this scene but the Madison conference felt like everyone knew each other and had a positive vibe. I would recommend that conference if you have the time and money esp if you are not too far from there. However, as a resident it may also depend on whether you have the flexibility of practicing this during residency. I have always been a skeptical person on many things but the science is starting to catch up to the art I believe and hearing about how quite a few doctors will change their path in life from other specialties to practicing prolotherapy is interesting when you hear all the case reports and anecdotal evidence. You also can't fake an MRI of an improved looking rotator cuff year after treatment and video of significantly improved ROM. I am 5 weeks into this so I have more work to do until I can convince myself even though the concept makes sense.

thanks for all your replies, I am in PA, was going to go to AAOS course in FL but missed it, I might go next year,

just looked this up, Hemwall-Hackett course in Madison Wisconsin, looks like run by family practice physician, any physiatrists out there who have attended and found useful?

I have practiced Prolotherapy for the past 4 years. The Hackett-Hemwall is a good intro. You get to work with Cadavers and fluro. The focus is on research and the lab part is preceded by a excellent lecture series. I have gone twice and have met some of the leaders of the field. AAOM is also excellent but it is not focused just on Prolo. AAOM and AOAPRM offer certification. There are various options to learn PRP and Stem cell. If anything the Hackett-Hemwall is a great way to brush up on anatomy and injection techniques.