regional interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which dental school offer regional interview? How big the differences between you visit the campus and attend a regional interview?

I got five interviews so far, and all of them are on the east coast. Only BU gave me a regional interview, and I think it is very nice of them to save my time b/c I work full time and still have class. :(

For the people who got regional interview or know the answer, please post it and help others. Thanks!

Snowman

Members don't see this ad.

hi snowman,

i am trying to get a regional interview with BU as well. what date are you going to their regional interview? just curious...might run into you! :D i am new to this forum...my friend just recently introduced me to it. i can't believe what a wealth of information is available here!

-wasabi007

hi, wasabi007

welcome to the board :) this bbs help me a lot too, and we can leave something important for the people coming next year.

anyway, my BU interview is 10/13 in SF, how did you know that i am in bayarea? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as your chances of being accepted.... regional interview does no harm to that at all. Although you won't get a chance to see the facilities, or the city or the area, you'll still get a decent idea of what the facilities are available, because the school still needs to present itself to you. If the regional is convenient, and you don't feel like visiting the school, then totally do it.

hi snowman,

when i first signed up on this forum, i read all the back topics and i think i remember seeing some posts where you and some other members were saying you were from cal...i guess it stuck in my mind cuz i'm a bear too~ :D

hi bertman,

thanks for your advice, sounds like you've had experience with regional interviews. do you know if they send more than one group of interviewers? would the regional interview still be day-long if there would be no campus tour? does BU traditionally do one-on-one or group interviews? thanks in advance for your advice! :)

hi, bertman

thanks for the good news about the regional interview! god, i thought i am the only one doing that. cause one dental school told me nobody ask for that :)

which school offer regional interview for you? best wishs for your dental study!

regards

snowman

wasabi007

go Bear!
i thought i know all of the predent students, cause it is such a small community
:D
where do u work now? are we going to meet in sf? do i know you in cal? ( how about last name start w/ A? )

hi snowman,

actually i was not pre-dent while i was at school. i didn't figure out what i wanted to do until i met some very enthused coworkers at Bayer (where I work). One was an ex-dentist from the Phillipines, another had just been accepted to UCSF dental school for this fall. They inspired me to seriously consider dentistry as a profession, so I had and am pleased to find that I like it.

I asked BU for 10/12, but am still waiting for a confirmation email they promised in 2 weeks...that was a week ago...so I'm still waiting... :(

what year did you graduate?

hi, wasabi007

we are very lucky to know someone knows dentistry, and one of my friend helped me a lot. he got in ucsf last year too.

i graduated this year, and now working for state public health dep. our berkeley office is not very far from Bayer :D

i just received BU confirmation letter, and your letter should on the way. drop me a email if you want to talk over the phone, and i need some info after your interview.

if you still did not get the email or the letter by next week, send me a email and i will let you know where the interview is in San Francisco.

good luck w/ your interview! go bear!

snowman

[email protected]

hi all who had questions about regional interviews~ (esp snowman--good luck tomorrow!)

i'll just tell you a bit about my experience...i just got through my first interview today. i had a regional interview with BU in SF. it was very very laid back. basically, a one-on-one interview that took place in a suite at the pan pacific hotel. dr. polins had a video of BU to present (the same one on their website i believe). it wasn't a blind interview--he had a file with my dat scores, gpa, and personal statement i believe. the questions were very predictable and typical. dr. polins was very easy to talk to. interview lasted only about an hour long.

hope this helps anyone else who is expecting a regional interview!

-wasabi :D

an imposter is lurking throughout the dental forums!

:D

haha...nice name...so you're the one who took "wasabi" already such that i had to add numbers to the end of mine! :D i'll try not to impersonate you in the future... ;)

wasabi007

thanx for the info, and it is right on time, i am leaving for the interview today @ 10:30am.

talk to your guys later

8:50