U.S. regionally accredited institution?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sara8887

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a Virginia resident.... I am confused on U.S. regionally accredited institution? :/
Does it mean that I can't apply for schools that are not in the region of south us? for example, ATSU, Arizona asked for
  • All pre-requisite course work must have been completed from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am a Virginia resident.... I am confused on U.S. regionally accredited institution? :/
Does it mean that I can't apply for schools that are not in the region of south us? for example, ATSU, Arizona asked for
  • All pre-requisite course work must have been completed from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.

Not predent, but I can google a little bit:

As long as your institution is accredited by one of these bodies:

1. Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools:
  2. New England Association of Schools and Colleges;
  3. Higher Learning Commission, formerly part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools;
  4. Northwest Accreditation Commission and Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities;
  5. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and
  6. Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

Then it's fine. I'm assuming national accreditation is also fine.

“Regionally” is a good thing. It’s just the accredited body of the University. As long as your University is accredited by a “regional body” (which VCU is) all dental schools will except those credits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user