Regis and University of Colorado No Longer Requiring PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DruggieDoRight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Both schools in Colorado no longer require the PCAT. This is apparently because "Other schools don't require it", but I've spoken with people on the admissions committee it sounds like it is because there aren't enough students applying.

Anyone else feel like not taking interns anymore? This sounds like a pile of garbage.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's absolutely low enrollment. Most classes have been ~150 students at CU and the 2023 class is under 110. They're also one of the November deadline schools and the past 2 application cycles they've had to extend the deadline to June. Can't speak for Regis.

Extending the deadline to get more applicants? Never a good look

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously no one's applying because the job market sucks. Here's an idea: how about cut down your classes instead lowering your standards?

Reactions: 1 users
I have a feeling if there is an external investigation to these schools there is going to be a ton of crap that comes out such as bribery and extortion from cvs and walgreens. How else do you explain this phenomenon? Youre a school. You should try to keep your standards and integrity as high as you possibly can. Instead, you become a sellout and risk the entire profession going down the toilet... what an embarrassment.

Obviously no one's applying because the job market sucks. Here's an idea: how about cut down your classes instead lowering your standards?

And just ask other students to pay for more tuition so they can make up for other 40 students that were supposed to enroll, thats a great idea. Any ways, Pharmacy is still a high demand career. There are highs and lows in every career option just like real estate.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Obviously no one's applying because the job market sucks.

Do you not see how many clueless and bottom of the barrel students on this site that are still applying? These are the dumbest of the dumb. Even with all the news and warnings about going into pharmacy, you will still have the slowest of the bunch applying and being scammed.

Youre a school. You should try to keep your standards and integrity as high as you possibly can.

Look into the lawyer scam. These schools are after the quick buck. Take all the federal loans you can and pocket it. Then quit while all the dumb jobless students work at CVS of $20/hour like slaves.

Extending the deadline to get more applicants? Never a good look

Right now it is not about looking good. It is about getting as much dumb butts into the empty seats. As long as you qualify for federal aid, you are a desirable candidate! Empty seats = lost revenue!

As of last month, the applications to pharmacy school are down 23 percent, yet thousands still apply. I don't get it.

Bottom of the barrel students. Look on this site for the dreamers and the ones that think hope and passion puts food on the table for a family.

As of last month, the applications to pharmacy school are down 23 percent, yet thousands still apply. I don't get it.
Well, it's gonna take some time but it's good that it's down 23%. I would be more worried if number of applicants increased. haha

As long as there are more applicants than there are are seats available, there will be no incentive for schools to change. Except maybe some of the most reputable schools who care about the quality of their students more than filling all the seats. Are there such schools out there?

As long as there are more applicants than there are are seats available, there will be no incentive for schools to change. Except maybe some of the most reputable schools who care about the quality of their students more than filling all the seats. Are there such schools out there?

I don't think those schools exist anymore? I'm pretty sure they all pad or lie about their stats. I was looking at what Regis and CU posts about their stats, and they certainly don't reflect the reality that happened.

The problem is there aren't schools in pharmacy that can claim to be "elite" pharmacy schools since the value is in the license to practice.