Regis autobiography essay

Started by Phyline
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phyline

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Regis has a one-page autobiography essay on PTCAS that doesn't count towards admissions requirements:

Please provide a one page personal biography/essay which allows the Regis University faculty to become acquainted with you in ways different than grades, GRE scores, and general admission requirements. This information is used as your introduction to the physical therapy faculty during the interview process. This essay is not considered as part of your overall admissions evaluation.


Those of you who have applied - what did you write about? I'm so drained from writing about diversity, motivation, graduate school, why physical therapy, cultural competence, that I have no idea how to step away from all this :poke:
 
When I wrote this essay for Regis I talked about my struggles and successes in high school and college, and why I wanted to go into physical therapy. From what it looks like you can write just anything about yourself, I would personal write about something that you did not already state on your PTCAS essay. I hope this helped a bit.
 
Actually, writing about why I want to go into physical therapy isn't such a bad idea! PTCAS essay doesn't have this, and the diversity Regis essay doesn't have this either aaaaaaaaaaand I've already written one about why PT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I focused on my background, things that I have done in an effort to continue to grow, for example, take on more responsibilities at work that expanded my skillset, or different stewardship activities I participated in. I am getting tired of writing essays though.....sigh