Regis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm from Minnesota and am planning on moving in early August. How are you guys planning on locating housing?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from Minnesota and am planning on moving in early August. How are you guys planning on locating housing?
I'm planning on living downtown for the first year. A few of my close friends live in the city so they've been referring me to different places.

I was recently accepted! I'm from Arizona : )

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning on living downtown for the first year. A few of my close friends live in the city so they've been referring me to different places.
I live in Denver currently, and I have to say don't live in LoDo. The prices are ridiculous. Same goes for LoHi. I would find a place in Northwest Denver, Arvada, or Westminster. Decently cool parts of town, really quick drive to downtown, and better prices.

^^ I agree. My friend is a 1st year DPT student at Regis and she said that the people who have to commute from downtown hate it. I'm looking around the Regis area, Arvada, and Westminster. Anything within 10 minutes or less driving. Zillow is an awesome reference. I'm looking to rent a house near enough to campus to walk/bike. If you're interested in figuring out housing details, let me know :) The Pro or Con is that I have a 2 year old Golden Retriever mix coming with me.

Reactions: 1 user
^^ I agree. My friend is a 1st year DPT student at Regis and she said that the people who have to commute from downtown hate it. I'm looking around the Regis area, Arvada, and Westminster. Anything within 10 minutes or less driving. Zillow is an awesome reference. I'm looking to rent a house near enough to campus to walk/bike. If you're interested in figuring out housing details, let me know :) The Pro or Con is that I have a 2 year old Golden Retriever mix coming with me.
That's super helpful to know!! I have also been looking at Arvada and am really loving how close the rent is to what I pay now. I have to leave my husky at home so I'm super jealous you can bring your pup with you!!

I'm definitely interested in figuring housing details; I was hoping to live with other DPT students. I think Regis will be sending out a list of all the students once the DPT class is decided but who knows when that will be finalized.

Officially declined my offer on Friday due to cost :( :( Hoping the person who gets my spot is as happy as I would have been to take it!!

According to a current student, there are currently 86 students who have put their deposits down for their acceptance offer. That is 86 for 80 spots. I am not expecting much movement on the wait list :(

Hi Regis peeps! Congrats on getting into school here! I am actually in the process of selling my townhouse in Arvada (<15 minute commute to Regis) and moving to start a DPT program in Portland, Maine. So for anyone interested in buying a place and having a mortgage for about the cost or even cheaper than renting when you consider it's a three bedroom (and 3 bathroom) place let me know. My husband, toddler and two dogs are hoping to move to Maine sometime this summer.

Hi Regis peeps! Congrats on getting into school here! I am actually in the process of selling my townhouse in Arvada (<15 minute commute to Regis) and moving to start a DPT program in Portland, Maine. So for anyone interested in buying a place and having a mortgage for about the cost or even cheaper than renting when you consider it's a three bedroom (and 3 bathroom) place let me know. My husband, toddler and two dogs are hoping to move to Maine sometime this summer.

MCWills, please PM because I am interested in your house :)

Just got my acceptance email today! So excited, never thought I would see movement off the waitlist. There is hope:cat::shy:

Congratulations!! What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking??
cGPA 3.45, v154 q159. I received my bachelors in Athletic Training and I attended osteopathic medical school for a year. Tons of observation hours, strong recommendation letters.

cGPA 3.45, v154 q159. I received my bachelors in Athletic Training and I attended osteopathic medical school for a year. Tons of observation hours, strong recommendation letters.

Wow - I'm amazed that you were wait listed for so long!

Wow - I'm amazed that you were wait listed for so long!
From what I hear, there was little to no movement on the waitlist until mid May. They had a very large number of people put down deposits.