Registering for Jan 2010 Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkya10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey - has anyone been able to get into the site to register for the January exam?

Members don't see this ad.

I was seeing a "thank you for your patience" message with a scrolling bar. Then the page refreshed with a "we are currently in maintenance" message.. has that been the case for everyone else?

i've been opening multiple browsers and closing older ones.. somehow I managed to access the "thank you for your patience" page. I'm pretty sure it'll take me to the "maintenance" page again though..

Members don't see this ad :)
They're just getting everything ready to be open now, that's all

likely dumb question ...i am confused with those 3 release options...what would you choose...I doubt any affects me by any chance.

Option 1. I dont have advisor.
Option 2. I am not US citizen.
Option 3. Is this just booklets/flyers/offers thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
You are not waiting in line... still getting the maintenance page? Because I registered about 10 minutes ago.

I have been at this all morning plus some of last night haven't gotten passed the waiting room just to be put on the maintenance page ....open open open ...lolz

I just clicked the quick link, had some text on top I didn't read... and a login. Went to the login, had to re-enter some information in, check a bunch of boxes, and then it let me registered. I am now $225 poorer =p

I've also been cycling between the "Maintenance" and "Thank you for your Patience" pages. Has anyone gotten past the "Thank you for your Patience" page?

did it not asked you to wait after you clicked the link? I've been waiting since 8:30 this morning! (10:47now EST)

I've been checking it since 5 this morning. It seemed to come up with that "wait screen" for 15-30 minutes and then go to the under maintenance page. But other times (always after being subjected to the "wait screen" page), it would go immediately to the "under maintenance" page for half an hour or so.

I kept getting the under maintenance page... and kept pressing refresh (like once every 5 mins) and then the login appear.

Be nice if other people confirm this so it doesn't look like I am trolling :cool:

I think its working...few tips...make sure it is not working in background and you have cookies cleaned after you are refreshing it again.

got in pass the screen to log in but when i click to register it goes back to the loading page =(

how long did it take you guys to get to the registration page....I am still on the please wait page

damn I got in ...choose the date and centre...then got logged out!

I wonder this wouldn't be a problem...would it be?

finally got in.. jan 30.. time to start cracking on the books again.. not looking forward to this

Hey! I finally registered as well - I was waiting for like 20-ish minutes. Definitely try it now if you haven't!

I tried- and got in after 4 hours (no joke). I kept refreshing with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Try with Mozilla if u have it...

I got log-in and registered just now, after waited about 1 hour using FireFox. I closed all other tab/window on FireFox, and used IE to browse internet while waiting.
After paid for the exam the system immediately kicked me out, but it also sent a confirmation email to my AMCAS email address.
Good luck.

This reminds me of everyone rushing to sign up for classes at once and the entire system shuts down because of it :laugh:

To Beta Cell: Your stats look amazing!

When you're waiting for the log in screen to come up, is it normal for the screen to flash white every now and then for a second, and seemingly reload (but don't think so)? I've tried doing this with firefox, chrome, and doing it on IE now, and it's still doing this. Is this normal?

When you're waiting for the log in screen to come up, is it normal for the screen to flash white every now and then for a second, and seemingly reload (but don't think so)? I've tried doing this with firefox, chrome, and doing it on IE now, and it's still doing this. Is this normal?

Here is some advice. I started 10 min ago and got in already.
The system does not work like a line in a grocery store. Instead everytime it reloads and checks for availability it is checking at that moment.

Continue to let it reload again and again, this is good.

In other words, I had a firefox browser open for 5 min, then decided to open an IE browser to the same page, the IE browser got in before the firefox browser. If you want to maximize your probability you could open 4 browsers or so and have them all reloading at different times. As I registered I left my firefox open and it still hasn't loaded in yet.

I don't think it matters though everyone. There are 20-50% of the test takers signing up on day 1 but most will likely fill in the next few weeks.

me too. I have been successful to get in, but when I tried to log in my current account (registered last year), the screen showed "error occur". Sigh

I am now waiting for a new line.

it isn't really a line. Again, I had 1 browser opened for 5 min, then opened another one. The one I opened "5 min behind" the other one was the one that got in first.

Think of it like this, every few moments the system is checking "full" or "not full". If it checks and it is not full it lets you in. If it checks and it is full then it checks again later.

Great tips- finally got it.

Glad I could help.:thumbup:

I've found this helps too. Play this song as registering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXC_lab-34

Oo baby, here I am, signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/inXC_lab-34&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/inXC_lab-34&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I am using a MAC, what kind of explorer i should use other than FireFox?

multiple browsers = better chances

I'm not quite sure that it is firefox that is a problem (unlikely).

although as an experiment I've let my firefox keep checking and it hasn't got in yet (30 min). Good luck to everyone on registration, don't stress!

I've never seen so many people so excited to spend $225 to play with computer software for 5 hrs.

it isn't really a line. Again, I had 1 browser opened for 5 min, then opened another one. The one I opened "5 min behind" the other one was the one that got in first.

Think of it like this, every few moments the system is checking "full" or "not full". If it checks and it is not full it lets you in. If it checks and it is full then it checks again later.

Also I made this mistake, BUT instead of allowing yourself to "get back in line" you can hit the back button on your browser and go immediately to the page. I hit the wrong button and got back into waiting but I just hit back and was right back at registration.