Registering for Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonzie37

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a prelim in internal medicine and I was hoping to take Step 3 at some point this year. I was planning to take it at the end of January/beginning of February.
I was looking at the USMLE website regarding scheduling my exam and it said to go to the Federation of State Medical Boards website. From there, it told me that I needed to create an account so I did that.
Now, it wants me to choose a testing period but the last option is October-December 2015. Am I required to take it before December at the latest? What should I do about this?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a prelim in internal medicine and I was hoping to take Step 3 at some point this year. I was planning to take it at the end of January/beginning of February.
I was looking at the USMLE website regarding scheduling my exam and it said to go to the Federation of State Medical Boards website. From there, it told me that I needed to create an account so I did that.
Now, it wants me to choose a testing period but the last option is October-December 2015. Am I required to take it before December at the latest? What should I do about this?

Thanks for your help everyone!

They give it all year, except the first two weeks of January. This is probably because they are upping the fee to $830 and have a coder that doesn't know how to change the fee charged based on eligibility period selected.