registration 4 oral boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocsux

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know if people who are currently getting invited to register for orals part of the graduating 2019 cohort or graduating 2020 cohort? I registered and paid right after passing the ADVANCED last fall, still no word here

Members don't see this ad.

2020 graduate. Same, paid the $2400 registration fee as soon as I received Advanced exam result and have heard nothing yet. None of my co-fellows who are recent graduates have dates yet either. We did receive an email a week or so ago saying we can register and take our sub-specialty board exam (another $2000) prior to taking the Orals / Applied Exam, but they would not release a pass/fail result from the sub-specialty until we had passed the orals.

My understanding is we will get at minimum a 60 day notice prior to our assigned oral board date. If there are any conflicts that prevent us from accepting that date then you go back to the end of the line and wait for your next assignment (you don't get to pick from a range of days or anything like that).

I do know several 2019 grads who had their exams delayed who have been able to take orals, though. A few were part of the pilot group for the virtual exam in December and then several more took it in February.

Reactions: 1 user
I took advanced in July of 2020. My buddy who took it in January of 2020 is taking the oral boards in April. I'm hoping that means I'll be around June/July.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2020 graduate. Same, paid the $2400 registration fee as soon as I received Advanced exam result and have heard nothing yet. None of my co-fellows who are recent graduates have dates yet either. We did receive an email a week or so ago saying we can register and take our sub-specialty board exam (another $2000) prior to taking the Orals / Applied Exam, but they would not release a pass/fail result from the sub-specialty until we had passed the orals.

My understanding is we will get at minimum a 60 day notice prior to our assigned oral board date. If there are any conflicts that prevent us from accepting that date then you go back to the end of the line and wait for your next assignment (you don't get to pick from a range of days or anything like that).

I do know several 2019 grads who had their exams delayed who have been able to take orals, though. A few were part of the pilot group for the virtual exam in December and then several more took it in February.

Why would you do that lol. Could have invested that money and made a few hundred

Why would you do that lol. Could have invested that money and made a few hundred

Yeah it's basically an interest free loan I've given them. But not just me - most new grads had to do it. They won't "put you in line" to get a date until you've registered (and paid). There's a great deal of bitterness amongst my class towards the ABA over it.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah it's basically an interest free loan I've given them. But not just me - most new grads had to do it. They won't "put you in line" to get a date until you've registered (and paid). There's a great deal of bitterness amongst my class towards the ABA over it.
Yeah I absolutely hate this about it. Can't get in the queue until you pay.