Regrets and How to Study Smarter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boomboom2dolla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that have already taken the DAT what some of the regrets to study techniques that you would like to pass on to people studying now. People always say study smarter & not longer right. So I'm wondering how can I skip the longer and go to smarter way.:(
Like for the bio section, I'm litterally making outlines for Schuam's. Its taking fricking forever and I'm just thinking there has got to be a better way to do this. My score for it was a 17 1st time I took it.

Members don't see this ad.

For those that have already taken the DAT what some of the regrets to study techniques that you would like to pass on to people studying now. People always say study smarter & not longer right. So I'm wondering how can I skip the longer and go to smarter way.:(
Like for the bio section, I'm litterally making outlines for Schuam's. Its taking fricking forever and I'm just thinking there has got to be a better way to do this. My score for it was a 17 1st time I took it.

You have seen the test so you are better off than everyone else.

Schaum's a waste of time. It's formatted for college exams, not standardized exams. The majority of the information will never show up on the DAT. Stick with Kaplan, AP, GRE, and MCAT texts. They ARE formatted for standardized exams.

Study smart. But what does this mean?
1) When you're studying, are you retaining information?
2) If you know the information, are you getting problems wrong regardless?

There are study techniques that increase information retention. And once you remember information, if you're getting questions wrong regardless, then it's a problem with your test taking technique. Identify your problem first, before you study any farther.

I regret I didn't study enough for RC or QR. Especially QR... I could've scored much better in it, my math has always been good...

I studied the long and painful way for bio... I think that is the only way since it is so random.
Sorry dude.

Good luck! :xf: