Have No Idea How To Study Correctly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrApplejuice

Reaction score
Hi!

I have currently been using DAT Bootcamp following Ari's schedule and plan on taking the DAT this summer. However, I'm finding myself falling behind very often because of how slowly I am moving through everything - mainly biology. I really don't know the most efficient way to study for biology, but currently I am watching the videos and taking a ton of notes, and often it takes me 3-4 hours to complete the notes because I move so slowly. I also feel like I'm not committing any of the information to long term memory. By the time I'm done with biology and chemistry, I am so tired that I often just skip studying for the PAT/QR/RC and I have fallen behind. Does anyone have any advice on how I can manage my time more efficiently? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

I have currently been using DAT Bootcamp following Ari's schedule and plan on taking the DAT this summer. However, I'm finding myself falling behind very often because of how slowly I am moving through everything - mainly biology. I really don't know the most efficient way to study for biology, but currently I am watching the videos and taking a ton of notes, and often it takes me 3-4 hours to complete the notes because I move so slowly. I also feel like I'm not committing any of the information to long term memory. By the time I'm done with biology and chemistry, I am so tired that I often just skip studying for the PAT/QR/RC and I have fallen behind. Does anyone have any advice on how I can manage my time more efficiently? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
I have answered this many times through the 18 years I have contributed to SDN forums. It is best to make your own study schedule. Trying to follow a one size fits all schedule never seems to work.

First, you should create a timeline of when your exam is and leave plenty of time for studying. Don’t wait until the last minute to start studying – give yourself plenty of time to familiarize yourself with the materials and ensure you are prepared.

Second, break down your studying into manageable chunks. Identify which topics you are weakest in and give yourself more time for those sections. This helps ensure that you don’t leave any topic untouched.

Third, create a timeline of when you will do each subject and set deadlines for yourself to ensure that you’re staying on track. Give yourself a break between subjects, too – you don’t want to burn out!

Finally, make sure that you have a plan for what will happen if you fall behind. Will you catch up on your own, or will you need assistance from someone else? Have a plan in place to help you stay on track.

By following these steps, you will be well-prepared for the DAT Exam. Good luck!

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Last edited: