Regular Admission vs. Rolling Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeconverses

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for both regular and rolling admission schools. I know some rolling admission schools may send a letter of acceptance a few weeks after the interview (as early as Nov). My question is...I want to apply early but if I'm accepted to a school before I'm interviewed for regular admission schools in Jan/Feb, is there any other option besides to accept/decline their acceptance letter? Can I asked to be considered at a later date? Should I hold off on sending in my rolling admission applications? If I am sending them in this month, there is a possibility that I might get October interviews but my top choice schools are both regular admission...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if adcoms will allow you to do that. However, in my opinion, that's the game of this whole admissions process. I personally will accept the first school I get accepted to, and not risk losing that spot, even if I haven't heard from my top choices yet. If I get accepted to another program later on that I prefer over the first, I'll just accept that and lose my deposit at the first school. So I'll lose some money but I'll be going to the school I want to attend. I feel like this happens to many students, but that's the way it is.

I am applying for both regular and rolling admission schools. I know some rolling admission schools may send a letter of acceptance a few weeks after the interview (as early as Nov). My question is...I want to apply early but if I'm accepted to a school before I'm interviewed for regular admission schools in Jan/Feb, is there any other option besides to accept/decline their acceptance letter? Can I asked to be considered at a later date? Should I hold off on sending in my rolling admission applications? If I am sending them in this month, there is a possibility that I might get October interviews but my top choice schools are both regular admission...

What the above comment said is right. I would "put in the deposit for your seat" until you get accepted into different schools of your choice. You can double dip your acceptance before you matriculate. :smuggrin:

I don't know if adcoms will allow you to do that. However, in my opinion, that's the game of this whole admissions process. I personally will accept the first school I get accepted to, and not risk losing that spot, even if I haven't heard from my top choices yet. If I get accepted to another program later on that I prefer over the first, I'll just accept that and lose my deposit at the first school. So I'll lose some money but I'll be going to the school I want to attend. I feel like this happens to many students, but that's the way it is.

Thanks! I might just be submitting one app in october to avoid any chance of an october interivew :oops:. the acceptance deposit isn't exactly cheap ($650+)...but i guess it's not that much in comparison to 4 years of pharmacy school :)