Regular Admission vs. Rolling Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

orangeconverses

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying for both regular and rolling admission schools. I know some rolling admission schools may send a letter of acceptance a few weeks after the interview (as early as Nov). My question is...I want to apply early but if I'm accepted to a school before I'm interviewed for regular admission schools in Jan/Feb, is there any other option besides to accept/decline their acceptance letter? Can I asked to be considered at a later date? Should I hold off on sending in my rolling admission applications? If I am sending them in this month, there is a possibility that I might get October interviews but my top choice schools are both regular admission...
 
I don't know if adcoms will allow you to do that. However, in my opinion, that's the game of this whole admissions process. I personally will accept the first school I get accepted to, and not risk losing that spot, even if I haven't heard from my top choices yet. If I get accepted to another program later on that I prefer over the first, I'll just accept that and lose my deposit at the first school. So I'll lose some money but I'll be going to the school I want to attend. I feel like this happens to many students, but that's the way it is.
 
I am applying for both regular and rolling admission schools. I know some rolling admission schools may send a letter of acceptance a few weeks after the interview (as early as Nov). My question is...I want to apply early but if I'm accepted to a school before I'm interviewed for regular admission schools in Jan/Feb, is there any other option besides to accept/decline their acceptance letter? Can I asked to be considered at a later date? Should I hold off on sending in my rolling admission applications? If I am sending them in this month, there is a possibility that I might get October interviews but my top choice schools are both regular admission...

What the above comment said is right. I would "put in the deposit for your seat" until you get accepted into different schools of your choice. You can double dip your acceptance before you matriculate. :meanie:
 
I don't know if adcoms will allow you to do that. However, in my opinion, that's the game of this whole admissions process. I personally will accept the first school I get accepted to, and not risk losing that spot, even if I haven't heard from my top choices yet. If I get accepted to another program later on that I prefer over the first, I'll just accept that and lose my deposit at the first school. So I'll lose some money but I'll be going to the school I want to attend. I feel like this happens to many students, but that's the way it is.

Thanks! I might just be submitting one app in october to avoid any chance of an october interivew 😳. the acceptance deposit isn't exactly cheap ($650+)...but i guess it's not that much in comparison to 4 years of pharmacy school 🙂