REI fellow ship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMo

Reaction score
Hi everybody I am new in this forum . I am wondering if anybody has gotten IV for REI yet ?

Members don't see this ad.

There's actually a new process/timeline put together this year by SREI that has explicit dates for everything. Came across it earlier and the programs aren't supposed to give out interviews until this Friday.

Guideline summary for 2020:

Friday May 1, 2020: (12PM CST):Deadline for receiving applications.
Friday June 5, 2020:
Single notification date (ALL REI fellowships send out "first wave" notfications
Tuesday June 9, 2020 (12pm CST):
Initial deadline for applicants to accept or decline interview date. Additional invites can be sent at this time.
Friday June 12, 2020
Deadline for alerting invited candidates as to which interview date they are given (including option of waitlisting then if they cannot make the offered slot) as well as informing ALL candicates as their status (i.e. invited for interview; wait-listed; or rejected).

No decisions should be made prior to June 9th deadline for receipt of candidate responses.

Reactions: 1 user
thanks but I already heard many program take internal applicant but they don't mention it till 6/9

thanks but I already heard many program take internal applicant but they don't mention it till 6/9
Yes. As someone who knows a current applicant, there are a number of programs which took internal applicants and have been sending out emails to the remainder of the applicants to let them know. She's gotten four or five of these "sorry, we aren't looking anymore" emails so far.

Just saying that the official "rule" for this cycle is that interviews should go out Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user