Rejected from JHU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrews1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I applied to JHU MPH for summer 2014 matriculation. After pouring over this site, I noticed something interesting: I could not find one person who was rejected from JHU who posted in this forum. Anyway, I was wondering does anyone know the difficulty of gaining admission?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm sure it's difficult enough. they're ranked #1 and it's a one year program, so my guess is it would be pretty competitive.

If you have waived the standardized score, do you still have a chance of getting in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I applied to JHU MPH for summer 2014 matriculation. After pouring over this site, I noticed something interesting: I could not find one person who was rejected from JHU who posted in this forum. Anyway, I was wondering does anyone know the difficulty of gaining admission?

I think it's historically been roughly 50% for MPH. Some of those may have been rejected for not meeting the 2-year work experience requirement.

ASPH also puts out a report on admissions statistics by school (but not disaggregated by degree program) which suggests that the 50% was the average across all degree programs in the school - www.asph.org/UserFiles/DataReport2010.pdf but I know doctoral programs are more competitive, so Masters' programs could possibly be higher than 50%.

I was rejected in 2012 but it wasn't my top choice anyway.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk