Rejected from Pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys/gals think?

I got this from the Pitt status site:

Thank you for applying to the MD Program. A review of your application
indicates that correspondence was mailed to you on October 9, 2001

Reject? Interview?

My money is on Reject....
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

It would be kind of super early for a reject...although it's also early for an interview considering this year. Not sure. :)

I thought I could help solve your mystery. I received my interview invite from Pitt via snail mail so I tried to check the website to see if I had the same message that you received. SURPRISE -- My message said that they had not received my application yet and to check back later. EVEN MORE SURPRISING -- I had my interview there on October 1, 2001. Go figure!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is interview notice.
Kinda early for rejection.

Loki: I have the exact same message on my Pitt status. Let's cross our fingers for interview. Maybe I'll see you at Pitt!
(I got the early letter from Pitt inviting me to apply because of my good MCAT scores, so I'll be peeved if they give me a flat out rejection this quick!!) :)

I agree with everyone above. The U Pitt Status site has been notoriously inaccurate. I've already interviewed there, & 1/2 the time the site says, my file is complete & interview scheduled. The other 1/2 it says, my file is incomplete. Wait and see what the mail brings!

Best Wishes.

Hey guys, I have an interview on Monday at Pitt. I'm going to look at interviewfeedback, but can you tell me how it went for you guys that interviewed recently, was there anything that stood out that they asked, or ways I can prepare. I'm freakin out cause it's my first interview and I'M NOT READY!!! Thanks.

Originally posted by Nikki:
•Hey guys, I have an interview on Monday at Pitt. I'm going to look at interviewfeedback, but can you tell me how it went for you guys that interviewed recently, was there anything that stood out that they asked, or ways I can prepare. I'm freakin out cause it's my first interview and I'M NOT READY!!! Thanks.•

Don't worry about it. It's very laid back. My input is posted on interviewfeedback. Wish you the best. Bring an umbrella!

I was wondering why the website did not reflect reciept of the materials I sent them over a month ago. Whew, I thought my advisor snuffed me.

Pitt interview was very laid back, conversational style. The staff was extremely helpfull. We were able to tour the anatomy lab while a class was in progress (that was really cool) and the students welcomed our questions. And since we were all walking around in our black or blue suit, we had people in the halls and even the bathroom wishing us luck. Pitt definitely moved up on my list after visiting there.

Just curious Loki...did you ever get that letter? Rejection or acceptance?

I've got the same message on the their status page. Did anybody get an invite instead of rejection after that?

Originally posted by qwert:
•I've got the same message on the their status page. Did anybody get an invite instead of rejection after that?•

Yep, I received Pitt's interview invitation letter today, a week after getting the "correspondence" message on the status check. Good luck! I'm a Pittsburgh-er, and Pitt is a great school.

how long ago did those that got interviews complete their applications at Pitt?? i have been waiting for along time......

whats wrong with Pitt's status check site.. i cant access it. anyone else having the same prob?

Me neither, aisha. :( But hey, maybe they're updating it! :)