Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Rejected from Pitt?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Loki, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Loki

Loki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What do you guys/gals think?

I got this from the Pitt status site:

Thank you for applying to the MD Program. A review of your application
    indicates that correspondence was mailed to you on October 9, 2001

Reject? Interview?

My money is on Reject....
    :confused:

2. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

It would be kind of super early for a reject...although it's also early for an interview considering this year. Not sure. :)

3. Sarena

Sarena Member
    7+ Year Member

I thought I could help solve your mystery. I received my interview invite from Pitt via snail mail so I tried to check the website to see if I had the same message that you received. SURPRISE -- My message said that they had not received my application yet and to check back later. EVEN MORE SURPRISING -- I had my interview there on October 1, 2001. Go figure!!

4. audeo

audeo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think it is interview notice.
    Kinda early for rejection.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. quaileggs

quaileggs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Loki: I have the exact same message on my Pitt status. Let's cross our fingers for interview. Maybe I'll see you at Pitt!
    (I got the early letter from Pitt inviting me to apply because of my good MCAT scores, so I'll be peeved if they give me a flat out rejection this quick!!) :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. baylor06

baylor06 Surgeon
    10+ Year Member

I agree with everyone above. The U Pitt Status site has been notoriously inaccurate. I've already interviewed there, & 1/2 the time the site says, my file is complete & interview scheduled. The other 1/2 it says, my file is incomplete. Wait and see what the mail brings!

Best Wishes.

7. Hey guys, I have an interview on Monday at Pitt. I'm going to look at interviewfeedback, but can you tell me how it went for you guys that interviewed recently, was there anything that stood out that they asked, or ways I can prepare. I'm freakin out cause it's my first interview and I'M NOT READY!!! Thanks.

8. baylor06

baylor06 Surgeon
    10+ Year Member

Don't worry about it. It's very laid back. My input is posted on interviewfeedback. Wish you the best. Bring an umbrella!

9. kobe8

kobe8 Member
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering why the website did not reflect reciept of the materials I sent them over a month ago. Whew, I thought my advisor snuffed me.

10. Sarena

Sarena Member
    7+ Year Member

Pitt interview was very laid back, conversational style. The staff was extremely helpfull. We were able to tour the anatomy lab while a class was in progress (that was really cool) and the students welcomed our questions. And since we were all walking around in our black or blue suit, we had people in the halls and even the bathroom wishing us luck. Pitt definitely moved up on my list after visiting there.

11. Gotrob

Gotrob Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Just curious Loki...did you ever get that letter? Rejection or acceptance?

12. qwert

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I've got the same message on the their status page. Did anybody get an invite instead of rejection after that?

13. Bruno

Bruno Member
    7+ Year Member

Yep, I received Pitt's interview invitation letter today, a week after getting the "correspondence" message on the status check. Good luck! I'm a Pittsburgh-er, and Pitt is a great school.

14. EW1779

EW1779 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

how long ago did those that got interviews complete their applications at Pitt?? i have been waiting for along time......

15. aisha

aisha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

whats wrong with Pitt's status check site.. i cant access it. anyone else having the same prob?

16. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Me neither, aisha. :( But hey, maybe they're updating it! :)